2009-04-29 The Worf Effect

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
mediocrates
Forum Regular

2009-04-29 The Worf Effect

Post by mediocrates »

Hehe, tvtropes will ruin your life. You will never look at a piece of fiction the same way again.

Sara does seem to get beaten up by everyone, doesn't she? Jon, Sarine (sort of), Barin, and now these elves. Come on Sara, kick some ass! Take some names! Grow that beard!

Wait. Forget that last bit.
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

Re: 2009-04-29 The Worf Effect

Post by RubberBandMan »

Jon and Sarine have flowcharts for dealing with problems.

Sara has a toggle switch.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

*snort*
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Strange place to end a chapter, but there have been 22 episodes, surprisingly enough.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Kian
Forum Regular

Post by Kian »

Sara's problem seems to be that she's just too powerful for Poe to leave unchecked. So naturally, the first thing that happens in a fight is she gets stopped in her tracks. Jon is weak compared to the magical entities he has to deal with, so letting him have free reign during a fight is fine, he's not going to finish the fight until the writer is ready for the fight to end. Meji's power has been left sufficiently vague that she can also be allowed to act freely. And Ellis is worthless other than as a concussive weapon.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Kian wrote:And Ellis is worthless other than as a concussive weapon.
Not true. He can also insult the enemy, or gross them out sufficiently so that they lose their focus.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Ellis is truly an offensive weapon.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Will these strips be a regular post-chapter feature? 'Cuz I like them :)
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

Post by RubberBandMan »

Bani and Sara again... Bani being so rarely seen in the main story I can understand, but just what are Sarine, Jon and Meji 'doing' in between chapters that Sara doesn't take part in?
Labrat
Errant Scholar

Post by Labrat »

Misa already has the pointy ears... so I wonder if we can get her dressed like a vulcan.
Of course my motives are not innocent. We should of course have a Star Trek (or general science fiction con) orgy.

On a more serious note: I actually like this basic, unshaded style of art more than Poe's normal shade-until-your-fingers-bleed style.
And, upon hearing that billions of his manhours have been wasted, Poe begins plotting the death of the internet.
RubberBandMan wrote:Bani and Sara again... Bani being so rarely seen in the main story I can understand, but just what are Sarine, Jon and Meji 'doing' in between chapters that Sara doesn't take part in?
Jon already has a pedo-sized ballgag and assorted bondage gear handy from his time shutting Ellis up in the cathedral a ways back. He may as well get some use out of what he paid for.
Sareth wrote:I'm actually going to rule that this is definitely a case of coitus interuptus prematurus gawdammiticus.