2009-11-30: Oh Crap...

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
No One
Errant Scholar

Re: 2009-11-30: Oh Crap...

Post by No One »

And it's Meji. I figured it would be, but I prefered to keep my options open for some secondary or tertiary character to show up and take it instead.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

I like this new updating at midnight trend. I check Girl Genius, I check this. Two thumbs up!

Cute wallpaper, though Ian looks sleazy to me.

At last! Meji gets to graduate! If she lives. Seems alarmed at the prospect but I expect the physical shock of glowy god thing coming in at high speed trumps rational expectations of superpower. And maybe she's had second thoughts at some point. Still, I'm rooting for Scary Little God Girl. Now go save the elves from Ian's zombie horde!

I guess blond-elf didn't accept the results of process of elimination. I wonder what brunette thinks; he was the one pointing out the obvious that errants can do it. Surely Sarine can't be the only errant-sympathizer left. (No Misa, you don't count for this.)

Blondie isn't just shouting like Kirk, he's got his sword out, aiming for early avatarcide? We may be losing another elf soon.

Chicanery may not know as much as she thinks she does about her god. So much for floating around aimlessly. Not that we've seen much personality in Anilis, apart from Angry Dream long ago.
Last edited by mindstalk on November 30th, 2009, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
normalphil
Heretical Monk

Post by normalphil »

The Plot Point has occurred! This calls for a celebratory archive binge!

Damn, 900+ pages...

I'll do it tomorrow night.
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

Post by RubberBandMan »

...And then her head exploded.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

. . . And it's Meji for the win! This threat was so obvious she should have been galloping for the exit the second the Elves were distracted. Of course, the Elves didn't even try to ward her properly because they're bigoted idiots. Not that it would have worked.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Boss Out of Town wrote:. . . And it's Meji for the win! This threat was so obvious she should have been galloping for the exit the second the Elves were distracted. Of course, the Elves didn't even try to ward her properly because they're bigoted idiots. Not that it would have worked.
Threat or opportunity? Is there something I'm forgetting suggesting that she'd really decided getting Senilis power was a bad idea? Vs. insinuating herself into the party despite any other good reason?
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

mindstalk wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:. . . And it's Meji for the win! This threat was so obvious she should have been galloping for the exit the second the Elves were distracted. Of course, the Elves didn't even try to ward her properly because they're bigoted idiots. Not that it would have worked.
Threat or opportunity? Is there something I'm forgetting suggesting that she'd really decided getting Senilis power was a bad idea? Vs. insinuating herself into the party despite any other good reason?
Well I think she began questioning it after she saw Anilis apparently drive Ian genocidally insane...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2009-11-30: Oh Crap...

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Oh Crap...
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Past Meji links:
http://www.errantstory.com/2009-02-16/936
http://www.errantstory.com/2009-02-27/941
http://www.errantstory.com/2009-03-16/950

She does say "no" to Ellis... OTOH, neither her explanation nor particularly her facial expression looks convincing. I don't know if Poe meant for her to look insincere, but she does. While in the first and second link she's definitely determined and enthusiastic, vs. her rather vague justification a bit later.

OTOH I don't know why she'd be lying to Ellis, unless to keep him from squealing to Sarine. Which isn't a bad reason. Or to keep anyone else from overhearing, which given that Sara was right there (she hits Ellis next) is even better.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

Hahahah we've seen this coming for years time to see how the other one handles god hood.

In the mean time how about a Meji did it too pin?
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick