2009-12-04: Sara, we're running now!

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Re: 2009-12-04: Sara, we're running now!

Post by Forrest »

"That's no ordinary fairy! That's the most mean, cruel and foul-tempered titmoth ye ever laid eyes on!"

. . .

"RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!"
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
joeflood
Forum Regular

Post by joeflood »

Now that they have no deity to serve, what will moths with tits do?
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

joeflood wrote:Now that they have no deity to serve, what will moths with tits do?
Go back to bed?

I'd suggest they get their sister Continuity in on things, since she seems to be the designated "adult" of the fairies, and previous information suggested that she may have been the most intelligent of them. Of course, if I'm right, they really should have had her there to begin with.
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2009-12-04: Sara, we're running now!

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Sara, we're running now!
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Forrest wrote:That's no ordinary fairy! That's the most mean, cruel and foul-tempered titmoth ye ever laid eyes on!"
Shouldn't that be teated-moth?

While I like Sara's expression at the end panel, she should have a decent idea of faerie capabilities since they had defeated her before. Granted, a bystander's perspective could be more impressive than a target's perspective ;)

Also note that both elves were struck from behind meaning, they don't know what hit them.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Aw, I was hoping Meji would extract some more information from the fairies.

I can't tell who's who, but judging from the language I assume that's Chica and Nookie. Kawaii on the right just behind, or diving under? I figure if anyone was going to spontaneous save a falling elf it'd most likely be her.

Three elves standing, did Senilis's reject get up already? Looks like sensible brunette and... I can't tell who the other prone one is, mage or reject? Did the mage drop the firewall and the bondage at once or the fairies break free?

Ellis is still functional. Wonder what Sara's seeing.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

I wonder what doorway they will pop out off. I seem to remember a island or continent or something that was cured and the elves avoided it for some reason so yea sounds like a nice place to visit.
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

mindstalk wrote:Three elves standing, did Senilis's reject get up already? Looks like sensible brunette and... I can't tell who the other prone one is, mage or reject? Did the mage drop the firewall and the bondage at once or the fairies break free?
Reject-elf (he's going to have SO MUCH fun the next few millennial with that nickname) is lying below the 'ARRGH!' speech bubble.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
mindstalk wrote:Three elves standing, did Senilis's reject get up already? Looks like sensible brunette and... I can't tell who the other prone one is, mage or reject? Did the mage drop the firewall and the bondage at once or the fairies break free?
Reject-elf (he's going to have SO MUCH fun the next few millennial with that nickname) is lying below the 'ARRGH!' speech bubble.
That's not a shadow of the one standing?
Oh, I guess not., five here.
http://www.errantstory.com/2009-11-25/4535
I must have lost track.

Though his prone form is missing in the first panel today.

Huh, just noticed, Chicanery is apparently a barefoot lawyer
http://www.errantstory.com/2009-10-19/4486
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

mindstalk wrote:Aw, I was hoping Meji would extract some more information from the fairies.

I can't tell who's who, but judging from the language I assume that's Chica and Nookie.
Chica on our right, having talked beating, Nookie calling them asshats.

And they definitely have information to be squeezed out.
http://www.errantstory.com/2009-10-14/4483
Chica suppresses Nookie, Nookie starts talking about super-evolved energy, which elves are hard-coded to not interact with. "He wasn't stupid."

Though he's a super-evolved mass "from far beyond-" That could put a crimp in the transhumanist or rogue AI theory, depending on what was supposed to come next. Unless it's "your imagination" or "beyond the stars" but that just means "Earth, vs. this failed colony planet".