2009-12-07: After them!

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Re: 2009-12-07: After them!

Post by ChunLing »

No, as the high Council pointed out to Sarine, it's already legendary, just secretly so.

To be fair...the Pedo-girlies really don't have any instructions as to what exactly they should be doing in this situation. Umm...except for keeping people the hell out of there in the first place, which Concussion was kinda doing before they all stopped her. Okay, their stupidity exceeds their (secret) legend.
Kill...more...elves.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Elessar wrote:As previously pointed out, the fairies's immediate decision to go after the elves is immensely stupid.

And now we watch the so-called heroes escape because of random elven hatred.

Fairy-incompetence is now approaching legendary.
Except, as previously pointed out, for the bits where these same elves had attacked and bound the fairies, and were in the process of attacking Senilis's chosen host, with unknown consequences. Also for where they may well be capable of catching up with people on foot and tracing warp gate use.
Scient
Forum Regular

Post by Scient »

Tiamat wrote: Tending to the crispy leader, most likely.
They never had that one in the flight formations in Star Wars.
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

Elessar wrote:As previously pointed out, the fairies's immediate decision to go after the elves is immensely stupid.

And now we watch the so-called heroes escape because of random elven hatred.

Fairy-incompetence is now approaching legendary.
Not quite RANDOM Elven hatred. The Elves did start this particular fight, after all, by going all bondage fairy on the girls. And the Elves do seem to be the ones most actively trying to cause harm. And, yes, the fairies have the attention span of... well... fairies. But still, at least they noticed before everyone got completely away. I've seen worse.
To be fair...the Pedo-girlies really don't have any instructions as to what exactly they should be doing in this situation. Umm...except for keeping people the hell out of there in the first place, which Concussion was kinda doing before they all stopped her.
Well, they probably weren't supposed to do it in the same way Concussion was doing it. While they may not care too much about individual lives, wholesale slaughter doesn't really seem to be part of their job description.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Given that someone overruled Chicanery's "spheres of annihilation" idea, I suppose that's true.

On the other hand, if we accept that 'someone' understood the implications of using a barrier which discriminated against elves so specifically...well, that doesn't lead us in a direction incompatible with the wholesale slaughter of elves. I do have to say that theory makes all the elf-hatred a good deal less random, but I don't know that the elves would be highly comforted by that aspect.

So, sticking to the "this is all just a screw-up and clearly not any kind of deep-laid plan" point of view, disagreement about exactly how to enforce the "no visitors" policy is still not implicit endorsement of visitors who happen to figure out how to get past any given enforcement mechanism. If the 'warning signs' and 'verbal explanation' methods don't work, who is to say that the 'violators will be brutally killed' method is wrong?

Actually, I think that it's rather intriguing...is it possible that Concussion was feeling a little upset and confused by the rather dramatic failure of the super-cute teacher team to properly safeguard their creator-gods, and by the fact that nobody else was taking it very seriously? She might not be so much 'insane' as given to feelings of responsibility...except that wouldn't explain the outfit unless we regard literal self-flagellation as a legitimate means of expressing remorse. Which...I kinda don't.
Kill...more...elves.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

ChunLing wrote: Actually, I think that it's rather intriguing...is it possible that Concussion was feeling a little upset and confused by the rather dramatic failure of the super-cute teacher team to properly safeguard their creator-gods, and by the fact that nobody else was taking it very seriously? She might not be so much 'insane' as given to feelings of responsibility...except that wouldn't explain the outfit unless we regard literal self-flagellation as a legitimate means of expressing remorse. Which...I kinda don't.
Nah. The other Paedagogusi said she's nuts, and they should know. Given their own ... questionable ... stability, I think Occam's Razor applies here.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Scient wrote:
Tiamat wrote: Tending to the crispy leader, most likely.
They never had that one in the flight formations in Star Wars.
He was the leader of the ill-fated Chicken Squadron, lost in in the battle of the second Death Star when its laser destroyed the freighter the squadron was riding in.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Re "elf hatred": It's quite possible that the barriers keep trolls out as much as they keep elves out. Perhaps dwarves too. All the god-created races, or all the god-created magic-using races. Ditto for the hard-coding for non-interaction. We're not in a position to know. Vs. humans, who are unanticipated illegal immigrants or something.
0m3g413
New Poster

Post by 0m3g413 »

No One wrote:The Elves did start this particular fight, after all, by going all bondage fairy on the girls.
I'm slightly hesitant to ask, but... was that a subtle reference to the actual adult comic Bondage Faeries, or just a coincidence?
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

0m3g413 wrote:
No One wrote:The Elves did start this particular fight, after all, by going all bondage fairy on the girls.
I'm slightly hesitant to ask, but... was that a subtle reference to the actual adult comic Bondage Faeries, or just a coincidence?
Only as much as I know they share that title. I know said comic exists, but I haven't actually read it, and I know little about it beyond the obvious (there's fairies, bondage, and sex). It did come to mind when I wrote that, so I suppose it could be considered a reference, but don't read too deep into it.