2009-12-18: Field Trip

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Re: 2009-12-18: Field Trip

Post by mindstalk »

Yay! I endorse this plot direction.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

So Chris was an omen of things to come? 'Will you join my party?' Meji seems to aquire company wherever she goes, if she likes it or not.

Yay for having source for the backstory at hand. I like expositions.
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

"Fairies have joined the party!

Please select up to three active party members. The others will wait at the camp."

...What?
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

i sense and long explanation coming on and i'm glad for it I like talking head story time.

Also are girls just better at magic then boys in es? I mean sara meji etc other then some half elf guy a few thousand years ago boy suck at magic in this world.
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2009-12-18: Field Trip

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Field Trip
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

DatDude wrote:i sense and long explanation coming on and i'm glad for it I like talking head story time.

Also are girls just better at magic then boys in es? I mean sara meji etc other then some half elf guy a few thousand years ago boy suck at magic in this world.
No, girl's party is for girls. Ian's probably a better mage than Meji is, at least in training and experience, and he got beat by a male elf, until Ian brought the house down. Her grandfather is high-muck-muck, I'd guess potent, though we don't know. Sara's got time magic and a few other elf-standard tricks (telepathy, healing) but otherwise hasn't done anything dramatic, and is probably no better than Paul. The guy who tried absorbing Luminosita was, well, a guy. The guys who hacked the warpgate for Sarine were guys. The guy Sara seduced for Bani was probably a competent battlemage.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Double update? I *like* those :)
Faeries join party? Between them and Ellis, Jon is gonna get a bunch of target practice. Well, maybe just Ellis. ;)
:o Is that just those two or all of the baka faeries?
:twisted: Sarine is about to get rescued but she may not care for the terms.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

Some people seems just a little too happy to leave the place where they stayed for centuries...
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Slamlander wrote:Double update? I *like* those :)
Faeries join party? Between them and Ellis, Jon is gonna get a bunch of target practice. Well, maybe just Ellis. ;)
:o Is that just those two or all of the baka faeries?
:twisted: Sarine is about to get rescued but she may not care for the terms.
Double update? One page Wednesday, one page today. Server was slow before so you might have given up on it.

Hopefully just these two; Concussion is too much and Chica annoys me, plus someone has to keep an eye on the crazy. Though Concussion taking out Ian would be an unexpected twist. Well, would have been until I expected it. :p And the fairies are clearly staying the hell away from Continuity if they can help it.

Continuity uniquely made up stuff (which stuff?) to add to what the gods told them to tell the elves
Chica will fib to Continuity about Anilis
Continuity could possibly "fix this mess" but Nookie would rather not bother her.

Inference: she's more powerful, possibly even retcon "make things as they were" powerful, senior in authority to the rest, scary in some sense, and not with either of the two gods with a known activity record. All very odd.
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

Neko7 wrote:Some people seems just a little too happy to leave the place where they stayed for centuries...
Given that Nookie says Anilis was really sleeping in for one or two or three hundred centuries it's more like they've been there for at least ten thousand years. I'm astounded any of the fairies have any sanity left at all.