2009-12-21: Pardon Me, but I Was Shot in the Head.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
No One
Errant Scholar

Re: 2009-12-21: Pardon Me, but I Was Shot in the Head.

Post by No One »

Someone fixed up Sarine's tailoring. Unexpected.

So, she's unconscious, handcuffed, under guard, in a warded tent.

And... shot in the head? That's Elanin. And she's female, in case anyone was wondering. The armor makes it hard to tell.
cayen
New Poster

Post by cayen »

boy she has a minor bullet graze and suddenly she's all whiny...least she didn't take a hammer wielded by the crazy titmoth to the face like some of the other elves...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2009-12-21: Pardon Me, but I Was Shot in the Head.

Post by The Comment Golem »

Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

cayen wrote:boy she has a minor bullet graze and suddenly she's all whiny...least she didn't take a hammer wielded by the crazy titmoth to the face like some of the other elves...
Totally. On that note - what's with the bandage? Noone good enough healer up there? Did it never occure to them to have a dedicated medic with any large group heading into a potentially dangerous zone? Elves, pffft. Or did someone forget the implication of thousands of years of combat experience - you learn to heal yourself very quickly, or you don't reach that age. Unless Poe is applying the 'disuse leads to oblivion' rule.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Pillaroforder wrote:Unless Poe is applying the 'disuse leads to oblivion' rule.
The head might be a more sensitive part of the body when it comes to invasive magic like healing.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

We at least know where Sara's staff went. Not to worry, Sara will have it back soon now.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

"Put that stupid staff down, before..." uh...you know, much as I don't actually hate elves any more than other punk-ass non-mortal jerk races, that's just too funny.

I bet Elanin got more of a glance than a graze. Pretty amazing Jon hit her at all, from the timing of that scene he must have been dealing with a few yards worth of muzzle drop and whatever windage (looks like Poe drew one of those little flip-up extreme-range back sights, but actually using one of those to hit something is black magic as far as I'm concerned). Which also suggests that either Jon's guns are pre-guncotton tech or he's almost as fast a runner as Sara.

Still, a skull-glance from one of those old-timey big, slow slugs is going to make for a pretty crappy rest of your day. I bet Sara stepped on her head a couple of times during the ensuing melee too while she was interrupting any third-person healing going on. And probably Nookie is about to use her ear for a handhold while stepping directly on the massive skull-bruise under that bandage. Some days it just doesn't pay to try and desecrate your gods.
Kill...more...elves.
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

Pillaroforder wrote:
cayen wrote:boy she has a minor bullet graze and suddenly she's all whiny...least she didn't take a hammer wielded by the crazy titmoth to the face like some of the other elves...
Totally. On that note - what's with the bandage? Noone good enough healer up there? Did it never occure to them to have a dedicated medic with any large group heading into a potentially dangerous zone? Elves, pffft. Or did someone forget the implication of thousands of years of combat experience - you learn to heal yourself very quickly, or you don't reach that age. Unless Poe is applying the 'disuse leads to oblivion' rule.
The medic might be one of the many people who has become living-impaired.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

No One wrote:
Pillaroforder wrote:
The medic might be one of the many people who has become living-impaired.
Most likely, the superficial part of the damage wasn't worth magically bothering with. Elves don't have infinite reservoirs of magic to draw on, any more than Tsuirakuans or Veracian priests do. They get tired and unable to do any more spellcasting, as we have seen with Sarine. Under those conditions, an elven lifemage would use magic to heal the life-threatening part of an injury, and apply first aid to the messy but non-fatal part. Makes perfectly good sense.

Amusing how much Elanin resembles Riley...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

And I'll bet magical healing wouldn't replace that swath of hair and exfoliated dead skin the bullet took off.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre