2010-01-04: The Magic Word.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: 2010-01-04: The Magic Word.

Post by Graybeard »

I confess, I'd wondered whether Jon was going to be able to throw his weight around so easily. Well played, including by Nookie.

Even with the politeness, though: why is it in the Paedagogusi's interest to play along here?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Yay comic! With novel typo.

Magic word, that was easy. Kinky Rinkai stuff, heh. And "you two", so I guess Sara's victim is still conscious, and certainly alive.

Rumors of Ellis's apotheosis are undermined by his looking just plain worried -- and with normal eyes -- at Kawaii. Who seems to have recovered Concussion's mallet despite no sign of this earlier. And to have knocked out the guard. So much for pulling rank... skull seems intact though, so hopefully he's just knocked out. But yes, she is a sexy shoeless god of war.

I thought Jon was carrying Sara for some reason, then I realized probably both are hauling Sarine.

Graybeard: why not?
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-01-04: The Magic Word.

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for The Magic Word.
0m3g413
New Poster

Post by 0m3g413 »

I figure they've just got nothin' better to do.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

I don't know...Ellis would probably have said something. But it would just be too weird if Senilis is behind that look going "did we program her to act like that?" I mean, not that it would be weird, per se, but deeply non-weird and person-like, which Anilis and Senilis have shown few signs of as yet.

I think the "Um...Excuse me?" had more impact than any amount of yelling could have. Though Kawaii's 'mouth open wider than damn head' look is fetching in its own way.
Kill...more...elves.
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

mindstalk wrote:... Kawaii. Who seems to have recovered Concussion's mallet despite no sign of this earlier.
She picks it up here.
I assume she's been keeping it in her Paedagogusi Bag of Holding ever since...
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Actually, that looks more like a sword's hilt.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

ChunLing wrote:I don't know...Ellis would probably have said something. But it would just be too weird if Senilis is behind that look going "did we program her to act like that?" I mean, not that it would be weird, per se, but deeply non-weird and person-like, which Anilis and Senilis have shown few signs of as yet.
Ellis is certainly capable of action-chasing mice, for instance-while Meji is asleep, but on other occasions when she was unconscious, he had little to say. Maybe its a characteristic of familiars?
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
twobeef
One Post Wonder

Post by twobeef »

...Tell me that wasn't an intentional Cirno reference.
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

twobeef wrote:...Tell me that wasn't an intentional Cirno reference.
Dammit, I wanted to be the first one to mention that! Curse you and your being awake sooner than me.
Even with the politeness, though: why is it in the Paedagogusi's interest to play along here?
Because they have been very very bored.