2010-01-11: They're Here.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2010-01-11: They're Here.

Post by Nell »

Well, so far we got a close encounter of the second kind.
I'm going to laugh if it upgrades to third kind and our party goes under tsuirakuan arrest for hijacking their warpgates. The whole getting arrested thing is getting old.
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-01-11: They're Here.

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for They're Here.
Dallen Andair
Errant Scholar

Post by Dallen Andair »

So, which will weigh in more for Sarine with the Tsurirakans; That she's responsible for hijacking one of their warp gates and interfering with a military action, or that Meji, a Tsurirakan citizen herself, is now in possession of Senilis?
Yenhael: Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein!
Ian: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

Yep, revealing the ending on the cover blows suspense right out of the water. Unless Poe wanted to set up a surprise for the middle of the chapter, but since we were waiting for Meji to get dei-juiced up for years that was more of a "Finally!" moment. Then it was semi successful, I tought airships would arrive prior to that event for a couple of days untill next page was up and the action was still inside the compound - no running for dear life after the elves got Senilis.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

No one better say anything about Meji having the god jizzle... Even her grandfather wouldn't be able to keep the Tsuirakii scientists and military away.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Rakshasa Taisab wrote:No one better say anything about Meji having the god jizzle... Even her grandfather wouldn't be able to keep the Tsuirakii scientists and military away.
But Meji could, and she'd pass her final in the process too!
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Meji might want to establish that a little more definitely than she has so far managed to do.

At least before she basically volunteers for some kind of magically enhanced trepanning procedure.

Anyway, love the top-down view of those airships. I'm upgrading my assessment of their capabilities from "jet-aircraft" to "flying saucer" based on that alone.
Kill...more...elves.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Yeah well, they are definitely more than your basic Zepplein :o
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Dallen Andair wrote:So, which will weigh in more for Sarine with the Tsurirakans; That she's responsible for hijacking one of their warp gates and interfering with a military action, or that Meji, a Tsurirakan citizen herself, is now in possession of Senilis?
Neither, Sarine did exactly what Gramps wanted her to do. Granted, he probably wanted Bani along instead of Meji but that's what contingency planning is all about. ;)

I'm having a bit of a re-think re: the airships. Given that Tsuirakushiti has magical floaty devices, there is no reason that they cannot use them for the airships. I am now willing to wager that the airships do not have a molecule of either Hydrogen or Helium in them. This puts them more into the flying saucer catagory than that of Zepplein. If they are not Lighter Than Air ships then they could be quite fast as well.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Luciifiel
Forum Regular

Post by Luciifiel »

Gah damn... now I'm gonna have to wait a few more days to find out exactly what happened to Meiji. Sure, she's still somewhat alive but... damn.

Re-read the comic for the upteenth time... it's always good. :D