2010-01-18: Chapter 43 Commentary

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Re: 2010-01-18: Chapter 43 Commentary

Post by mindstalk »

Heh, that was funny, Poe.
Poor Misa.
normalphil
Heretical Monk

Post by normalphil »

I laughed; it is funny.

HAH!

Ah, Sara.
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-01-18: Chapter 43 Commentary

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Chapter 43 Commentary
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

Wow, 2 extra this time.
BTW I love it, I lol a lot.

(at least they didn't do an Avenger... In second tought that would have been hilarious.)
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

We don't actually know that Saranard isn't an Avenger.

Aside from the fact that Sara doesn't seem sufficiently clued in to the rules of D&D to even know what one is...or is she?
Kill...more...elves.
Dallen Andair
Errant Scholar

Post by Dallen Andair »

Or they did everyone a favor, burned their 4E books, and are now player a non-mmo based system.
Yenhael: Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein!
Ian: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I have spent pretty much all day curled under the blankets writing up the details of my 4e campaign. I LIKE 4e, it feels so much more intuitive to me than any of the other editions I've played.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

There, see! Misa has to survive or who will DM Bani and Sara's D&D games?

BTW, I've tried 4th edition and didn't mind it. Unfortunately, one of the members of our gaming group would pretty much open one of his seven mouths and begin singing the song that will end the world if we try to move beyond 3.5.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

IMO 4e is very well designed for what it's trying to do, which is something I hate. The combat orientation of everything and 'squares' and such... not what I want. They've moved hit points closer to the abstraction always claimed for them, though one could probably find nonsensical cases. I like the illusion of world simulation, so 3e was a lot closer to something that made sense, if not as good as GURPS or BRP. I'm told it was clunky for PC design, with lots of traps... if I ever ran it I'd probably be using lots of the variant rules and nothing not in the SRD anyway.

Plus elven lifespan keeps getting shorter and shorter.

Still, people are obviously having lots of fun with 4e, and I'm not one to tell people they're having badwrongfun.
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

You know, I like 4e a lot.
But I came at the table with the mindset that I will not play a RPG like I concieve it (Warhammer, Chuthulu, SW, INS-MV, Mega, Agone, etc...), but much more a tablegame with roleplay element (and sometime a lot of the them, with a good DM).

As soon as I understood that and have that expose and undertood by other players who were complaying about not being like 3.5, 2ed, Ad&D or even 1st ed, we all started to enjoy the game a lot.

Wizard said that with 4e they put back the ROLE in Roleplay, and I agree with them: no more character that can do every job of the party by themself (4 lvl fighter, 2 lvl priest, 3lvl rogue and 2 lvl mage in one character), each character have a ROLE and the success come by being complementary with the others, not by being everything by yourself.
Of course the down part is we lost a lot in the ROLEPLAY space (roleplay as theater performance -I'm talking around the table, not live-action rpg-) but this is mostly the responsability of the players, and the DM, to make this part alive.