2010-02-10: Surround Her!

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-02-10: Surround Her!

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Surround Her!
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Re: 2010-02-10: Surround Her!

Post by mindstalk »

Wow, everyone looks insane in the first two panels. Especially Sarine. And *how* are they supposed to get it out of her, Sarine?

Major typo: Tsuirakushit

Yay for the elves.

Stasis is a possibility. Oh my.

Two bakas unaccounted for, though.
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

Anticlimactic...I guess I should've expected it from Sarine.

...Tsuirakushit.... *snerk*
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Typo fixed already! If I didn't hallucinate it.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

Stasis sounds comfier than, say, shackles.

Right now they are treating Meji as a live bomb, hence the panic. A rather prudent and reasonable asumption given what little they know about Elves' goals.

I think they think of bakas in terms of familiars they are used to - dollish versions of Ellis, or more likely flying inbred unicorns.
SkArcher
Errant Scholar

Post by SkArcher »

Leaving behind the other Elves is a dumb move. Take the eyewitnesses with you.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

SkArcher wrote:Leaving behind the other Elves is a dumb move. Take the eyewitnesses with you.
Nuh-uh. Leaving the Elves behind untouched immediately ends the diplomatic stand-off and threat of open warfare breaking out. This is still the most rational leader we've seen in the story so far.

Bringing the half-elven WMD back to the capitol city instead of Area 51, that idea needs to be re-thought.

:shock: :shock: . . . And I just learned that there was an earthquake not ten miles away from my house about two hours ago and I SLEPT THROUGH IT. Woke my wife up, though. :? :?
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Boss Out of Town wrote::shock: :shock: . . . And I just learned that there was an earthquake not ten miles away from my house about two hours ago and I SLEPT THROUGH IT. Woke my wife up, though. :? :?
It's not an earthquake worth mentioning unless it throws you out of bed.

Funny how she's still 'Miss Hinadori' despite being a walking MWD... Seems almost like they think of it as an 'infection' of some sort they need to save her from.
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

Boss Out of Town wrote:Nuh-uh. Leaving the Elves behind untouched immediately ends the diplomatic stand-off and threat of open warfare breaking out. This is still the most rational leader we've seen in the story so far.

Bringing the half-elven WMD back to the capitol city instead of Area 51, that idea needs to be re-thought.
... back to the floating capital city.

Um, yeah. That's going to end well.

(I wonder if "bringing down the city" counts as an instance of "defeating the faculty" for the purposes of diploma requirements at the mage school. Seems like that would be a bit self-defeating. I mean, if I were hammering out diploma requirements for a mage school on a floating city, I'd want such a provision so that someone powerful enough to defeat the faculty doesn't get motivated to bring down the city, but then I'd make a point to put in the exclusion. "You can have whatever degree you want, but don't fukn bring down the city; if you do that, the deal's off...")
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

The whole affair still leaves open the question of what the "deux ex machina" spell was supposed to do. If that spell linked to one of the "gods" searching for a vessel capable of restoring them to the world, the entire storyline ties together.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre