2010-02-24: Hell, I Think I Even Killed Him.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-02-24: Hell, I Think I Even Killed Him.

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Hell, I Think I Even Killed Him.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2010-02-24: Hell, I Think I Even Killed Him.

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Finally Chris is getting to be angry. Yay!
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Ian looks surprisingly happy in these panels. Like, not crazy maniacal happy, but more... content. I guess it's probably one of those "once you've decided to kill yourself you stop being depressed" type of things? (Or so I hear at least... personal experience would beg to differ, but then maybe I never really 'decided' hard enough...).

Anyway. I can't wait to see Chris get all righteous on Ian and... you know I don't know what comes next. That's unusual for me. Good work Poe.

Also, Ian kinda looks like Disney's rendition of Aladdin right now, too...
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

You have to feel sorry for poor Chris. After not being in the comic for so long, he makes a triumphant return... and in less than a day is inches away from becoming a fine pulpy jelly all across the back wall of Ian's Fortress of Sulkitude.

You have to respect his true, pure warrior heart though (and not just because Ian's possibly about to show it to us)... Chris has, throughout the entire comic, been well-characterized as an idealistic adventure-and-justice-seeking youth. Poe's good at subverting the form, but I think his real ability shines here when he *doesn't* subvert the form, and we see exactly how Chris' classic ideals are going to clash against a modern and more realistic "jaded" style character like Ian.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

If Chris survives this (big if), he has suddenly become the most dangerous character type in the entire story: a disillusioned idealist.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

HAHAH yes chris i have in fact killed your god! Come to the dark side for we have muffins!
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
pillar_of_hate
Forum Regular

Post by pillar_of_hate »

Is Anita hoping Chris will be provoked into fighting Ian and get killed so she has an excuse to back out of their deal? If so, it might backfire should Chris decide Anita's deception has wronged him far more than Ian's deicide.
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

Ian looks jaded.... whore at dawn jaded, and exhausted.
Lets hope Chris isn't dumb enough to attack him / Ian has more composure about him than last time...
I don't know if the knot comment was meant to make him sound off or deranged, but it works

Anita's already had her ass handed to her by Ian. Excuse or not it's not her choice anymore.
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Graybeard wrote:If Chris survives this (big if), he has suddenly become the most dangerous character type in the entire story: a disillusioned idealist.
That and he'll have plot armor thicker than a Missouri class battleship.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
normalphil
Heretical Monk

Post by normalphil »

Well, I suppose it's useful to know that at this point the vanilla "decent human being" reaction to Ian is to want to stick a knife in him. Bodes well for future plot points.