2010-02-26: Really? Really?!

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-02-26: Really? Really?!

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Really? Really?!
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2010-02-26: Really? Really?!

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Punch him in the face Chris, and you can tell your grandkids stories about how you decked a god. (And the proceed to fondle their DFCs while they're distracted)
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

One thought went through my head...

"HA-DO-CHRIS!"

It was the hands. That's what it was, the hands.

It occurs to me now at this late hour that Chris may have a chance to actually hurt Ian here. Follow my logic - Ian is nigh invulnerable, right? So far, he's withstood every magical attach that anybody who knew what they were doing has flung at him. But Chris... Chris has no idea what he's doing. And that, potentially, might make him very dangerous. For all we know, he may inadvertently pull out the sprig of holly.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

DFCs?

Ian has survived being fried and bisected by elves, so I'm not anticipating much holly. What he isn't invulnerable to, he regenerates. But Chris might get something in... the monks go so much for time magic and bunching people, I'm rather surprised to see Chris flinging a pathetic fireball. Or gooball, I'm not sure which. Did he mean it as harm, or was it distraction for the punch? Is he even thinking much?

Still, a reminder that time-mage monks are still mages, even if they usually seem very specialized. (I think Sara's repertoire has been time, healing, telepathy.)
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

I did not expect Chris to be a True Believer in Luminosita. Right now he seems to be yanking the shit out of Superman's cape*.

*Who wrote that song again?
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Slamlander wrote:Right now he seems to be yanking the shit out of Superman's cape*.
There are some who call him........ Jim?
(It's with noting that Jim, messing with whom is compared to tugging on Superman's cape in the aforementioned song, gets his ass kicked at the end).
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Kian
Forum Regular

Post by Kian »

And so ends the story of Chris, a tale full of adventure, danger and intrigue, which he saw none of. Instead, he became a smear on Ian's shirt. Pity.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Forrest wrote:
Slamlander wrote:Right now he seems to be yanking the shit out of Superman's cape*.
There are some who call him........ Jim?
(It's with noting that Jim, messing with whom is compared to tugging on Superman's cape in the aforementioned song, gets his ass kicked at the end).
For those not fortunate enough :roll: to be old enough to remember Jim Croce, here's a link to the actual lyrics, which do seem oddly apropos.

Not connected, of course, to the Jim in Errant Story, whom it was perfectly fine to mess around with.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

And no half-elf girl around to save him this time.

Poor poor chris its time he faced reality I guess.
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

The reality that Ian is still the nicest person he actually knows?
Kill...more...elves.