2010-03-12: Run Away

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-03-12: Run Away

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Run Away
mediocrates
Forum Regular

Re: 2010-03-12: Run Away

Post by mediocrates »

I think it's a bit late for that.
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

But still show that Ian, despite having accepted his "doom" have enought heart to let the few still "uncorrupt" by the rage to escape...
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

Oh,noes, he let loose a loose thread that will undo him in the end. Or Poe just found a morsel of pity for Chris and let him off easy, never to be seen again.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

As the wreckage of Robert E. Lee's army streamed westward westward from fallen Richmond, a good piece of it got cut off by Custer's hard-charging cavalry and devoured by the relentless pursuit of the Army of the Potomac. He mentioned the prospect of surrender to Dutch Longstreet. Not yet, was the answer. Both men knew how it would end, but also that the drama had to be played out to its climax.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

Well, it's good to see Ian still has a shred of compassion left, but his shadow is looking a lot more Elvin than Errant in features.

If he knows that it's all doomed to disaster, then what is compelling him to move forward towards the coming destruction? Is there no way he can fight it or has he been completely submerged in nilhism?
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Initial B wrote:Well, it's good to see Ian still has a shred of compassion left, but his shadow is looking a lot more Elvin than Errant in features.
That's not his shadow, it's the zombie troll: a building block of GENOCIDE!
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

OK...I can't just write Ian off yet after seeing that...in fact I'm oddly enough leaning towards sympathy.

Also, I hope Chris just doesn't do something moronic like running to Veracia and babbling...then getting himself executed for mouthing off too much/"lunatic heresy"

And surprisingly enough I'm the first to comment on this: Bani has to suck ass as a combatant if she can get owned by a familiar like that

We don't see this shit with Meji at least, even if Ellis were lecherous in that way.
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
Myetel
New Poster

Post by Myetel »

Registered just to comment on two things:

1) Either Ian's invented sunglasses or he's pulling a Brother Justin (Carnivale)/Lyta Alexander (Babylon 5), wherein his eyes go dark when channeling enormous amounts of energy. . .and haven't his eyes glowed previous to this?

2) What is up with his shadow and its hat? Looks like nothing so much as a gunslinger's shadow on the way to the OK Corral. *blink* Does this mean there's a new Sheriff in town?

:)
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

Myetel wrote: 2) What is up with his shadow and its hat? Looks like nothing so much as a gunslinger's shadow on the way to the OK Corral. *blink* Does this mean there's a new Sheriff in town?

:)
It's not a shadow. It's a giant undead troll that's been standing there since the scene began.