2010-03-17: Deal with the Fallout

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-03-17: Deal with the Fallout

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Deal with the Fallout
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Re: 2010-03-17: Deal with the Fallout

Post by DatDude »

Ambassador from where? Shes not a nun or an elf so the confederacy maybe?
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

(1) The mouse-over definitely speaks truth.
(2) Word sure travels fast, doesn't it? Wonder how much time has elapsed since things blew up in the Far North?
(3) One would think that an ambassador, even an elven one, would have more sense than to just fly off the handle like that.
(4) Surely it should have occurred to Gramps that he should at least pick Sarine's brain before going to talk to this ambassador, obnoxious though he/she may be. He's not thinking things through very carefully here ... which may be evidence that he really does care, a lot, about Meji.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

DatDude wrote:Ambassador from where? Shes not a nun or an elf so the confederacy maybe?
Elf. Look at the one sitting at the table, and compare her(?) ears to the young'un talking to Gramps as he first arrives. The one at the table is the ambassador; the other one is a Tsuirakuan flunky.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

Oh true I though it was the door flunky sorry.

Wow the elves don't have that many cards to play and if they do something stupid it might come to light they they have a population EDIT LOWER EDITthen said door flunkies salary.
Last edited by DatDude on March 17th, 2010, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

Rarune's rep perhaps?
The result of this should be interesting. I'm curious about this new ambassador.

The elves don't really have much in terms of bargaining power as is though. Will they demand Meji be relinquished to them?
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

"So, you kidnap my grandaughter in my own city in the middle of a ambassadorial reception and now you want to bitch at me about our military rescuing her? Good thing I'm a diplomat or I'd just have you strip-searched, jailed, tried, and swinging from a gallows in time for supper. And, no, my granddaughter's still in a coma, thanks for asking."
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
Ged
Errant Scholar

Post by Ged »

"Yes. Do you want to find out how much worse we can make it or do you want to sit down and talk about it like an adult?"
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

DatDude wrote:Ambassador from where? Shes not a nun or an elf so the confederacy maybe?
Dude! Take a good close look at the third panel. The one with the angry posture is definitely a female Elf. However, the other two females appear to be human.

The response in the last panel is consistent with the angry posture, of the Elf in the third panel. Ergo, Lucien is the new Elven Ambassador to Tsuiraku. She sounds about as diplomatic as a thistle bed.

Also, Tsuiraku didn't cause anything, they just picked up the loose change.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

"Me?.. I believe you might be slightly misinformed; It was not _I_, rather it was my _daughter_ who is the cause of this little ruckus. But do not doubt, she will be going to bed without dinner tonight."