2010-03-19: Diplomacy

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-03-19: Diplomacy

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Diplomacy
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Re: 2010-03-19: Diplomacy

Post by Forrest »

I lol'd at "our G– important religious artifact!"

Also at grandpa visibly, literally seething with rage there.

Serves the elf-bitch right for calling his granddaughter an "it", too.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

I can see why grandpa Ichiro is the top guy in Tsuiraku... Deft at playing the diplomatic game yet not shy of smacking down bullshit.
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

...that's the anti-diplomat right there. I didn't think the elves could fuck something up as majestically as they did picking a diplomat. Either that or the elves didn't have time to train her.
One strange thing that just dawned on me, to the Elves there's not just half elves and Errants, anything half elf is an Errant...and even viewed as an It, an anomaly.
Why does this seem so out of place to me? I mean ...Sarine's explanation on the origin of half elves led me to believe the elves still realized the distinction...
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

somebody needs to update the main page to point to the newest installment; as of 1:41am EDT it's still showing Wednesday's.

meanwhile, woo. Grandpa is a mage after all; unless a bit of Senilis hitched a ride.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

wrog wrote:meanwhile, woo. Grandpa is a mage after all; unless a bit of Senilis hitched a ride.
Wai... wha?

He's a 'mage after all'? This is _TSUIRAKU_ we're talking about... being a councilman should be pretty damn impossible if you're not a very powerful mage.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Nell wrote:...that's the anti-diplomat right there. I didn't think the elves could fuck something up as majestically as they did picking a diplomat. Either that or the elves didn't have time to train her.
One strange thing that just dawned on me, to the Elves there's not just half elves and Errants, anything half elf is an Errant...and even viewed as an It, an anomaly.
Why does this seem so out of place to me? I mean ...Sarine's explanation on the origin of half elves led me to believe the elves still realized the distinction...
Uh, it's nothing new that the current elven conventional wisdom is that all half-elves are errants. Sarine would disagree, as would Misa, and possibly quite a few other elves -- there were two sides to that civil war, after all, though Sarine also said the half-elves eventually managed to alienate most of their supporters.

All half-elves are presumed magically dangerous and potentially psychotic, hence to be killed for public safety. Sarine also said that birth defects got worse as half-elves bred amongst themselves. It's quite possible that even Sarine would be surprised Santuariel is not a nest of psychotics.

Also, while Lucian's reaction seems off the wall to us, consider we have the luxury of having watched the action. Consider what the elves know: their team went there, the Tsuirakuans went there, their team was foiled and partially killed. It's possible the unconscious elves Chicanery piled up outside her door got their memories wiped for security or pique, which would prevent the elves from getting the testimony about who actually did the damage and that Senilis went for Meji on its own.

Oh right, and Sarine's team killed a bunch of elves on their own, including Sarna. Probably assumed to be part of "the Tsuirakuans".
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

This one is even less competent than Rarune. However, I *like* seeing Pops Hinadori finally blowing his cool.
Note that insensitive bitch didn't bother to find out that Meji is Pops' grand daughter.
mindstalk wrote:Sarine also said that birth defects got worse as half-elves bred amongst themselves. It's quite possible that even Sarine would be surprised Santuariel is not a nest of psychotics.
AFAICR, that was only a discussion in the forums and not cannon.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Dallen Andair
Errant Scholar

Post by Dallen Andair »

Power up the fleet, it's time to stomp some longears!
Yenhael: Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein!
Ian: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
Erasimusi
One Post Wonder

Post by Erasimusi »

Ah, it's not exactly difficult to see where Meji gets her impressive fury and skill with destructive magics from. Watching Ichiro HInadori blister the ears of this poor elf will be awesome to read when Monday rolls around.

The little eye twitch when the elf refers to Meji as an *it* is really priceless.