2010-03-24: Empty Threats

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-03-24: Empty Threats

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Empty Threats
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Re: 2010-03-24: Empty Threats

Post by DatDude »

Well I guess we find out how Meji is handling this soon.

Grandpa is still awesome for he old wise and still able to kick ass.
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

Yup. Exactly what we were sayin' .

Now the question is how they plan to handle the Meji bomb. Try to pluck the god out of her? Try to train her to control it better? With Meji being a sort of National Martyr ? Maybe a National Treasure? A Grandfather/granddaughter conversation on why things evolved that way?
I wonder if Sarine's having a hissy fit at Jon right about now.

Questions questions...
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

hehe, I always liked Ichiro "Gramps" Hinadori and the more I see of him, the more I like him. :D
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Today's comic update aside... RALPH! I know the little Bani thing at the top will probably disappear eventually, but it's good to see Ralph back in action and that time and age have not tempered his capacity to cause trouble.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

The reaction here seems to be that a war would be "pointless" rather than a disaster for Tsuiraku. That may be overconfidence, but it was also the voice of 'let's not start another war.'

Gramps, of course, is speaking from the no longer super-secret (or at least something that can be blabbed during heated negotiations) perspective of "we've got the super-weapon they were trying to use to protect themselves from the other super-weapon they can't beat." Of course, he's also privy to the even more super-secret (as in not common knowledge to all the key players) information that the super-weapon they've got doesn't appear to actually work at the moment. That's probably going to stay a secret for as long as the "we're too moral to use this as a weapon" story stays useful.

Of course, if it doesn't stay secret, the "we're too moral" line probably won't be as convincing.
Kill...more...elves.
scutter_2
New Poster

Post by scutter_2 »

Last panel - he's walking into the mouth of some sort of giant, angry, magical mudskipper or something (which also seems to have some kind of glowing Fu Manchu mustache).

Tell me someone else sees it too...
Hell-Fox
New Poster

Post by Hell-Fox »

Hello, been lurking for a while figured I'd come back again. I was surprised with the whole smacking down the ambassador from the elves. Then again I guess impulsiveness for destruction runs in the family heh maybe thats where Meji gets it from :D . But he did have a point, from his standing the elves can't afford a two front war and they know it. If the Elves make any move it would have to be a covert one before the battle with Ian begins. The goal most likely being abducting Meji or eliminating certain Tsuiraku targets and that is if the Elves take action.

As far as Meji is concerned I wouldn't be surprised if she sort of becomes Ian's opposite later down the road. The plot to me seems to be going that way, with her eventually becoming the only thing capable of stopping Ian. Perhaps witnessing Ian doing those horrible things with his power would give her perspective about what to do with hers. Course its just a speculation from my part but I wouldn't be surprised.
The palace of today is tomorrow's ruin, the maiden of the morning is the crone of the night, and the hope of a moment is but the foundation stone of everlasting regret.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Hell-Fox wrote:Hello, been lurking for a while figured I'd come back again.
Anyone got a link to the Captain Obvious image?
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
Hell-Fox wrote:Hello, been lurking for a while figured I'd come back again.
Anyone got a link to the Captain Obvious image?
Is there a "Captain Rude-to-Guests" image available, as well?

Looks like Ichiro was carefully to do real damage only to the table. Got his point across without seriously violating rules of protocol and he gets to immediately go back to work on the REAL problem, which is the WMD possessing Meji.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre