2010-03-24: Empty Threats

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Re: 2010-03-24: Empty Threats

Post by mindstalk »

Nell wrote:It WOULD be Poe-like to see Tsuiraku/the elves destroy each other, I just find it stupid for it to happen...over gramps Hinadori's blasting an ambassador.
A PMSing demi-goddess might be a better bet though.
But then again, it's Poe.
Well, remember what Sarine said. "They've always been on the fence." Weren't told why but my first guess would be "they look human but they're a bunch of diluted half-elves, right?" Second and third guesses would be "uppity humans" and "that's our city", not necessarily in that order. We think of smiley ambassador (who comes around only every 20 years) as the baseline, when that's perhaps been covering up "heads we scope them out, tails we send out rangers with nukes".
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

The supposed continuity of Tsuiraku's culture or population has a few problems. The Sarine may be right about it being the same physical structure, but since it disappeared before the start of the Errant War, it's hard to posit what really happened there. Maybe the half-elf population of the entire city all went batshit at the same time, like the elves thought, eh? Okay, that's about as likely as the elves being right about anything at all that has ever happened in the history of the Errantverse.

The elves might well think they have some kind of reason to attack Tsuiraku. But if they are that stupid (and I realize that the evidence so far suggests that may well be the case), they will probably screw it as royally as they have screwed everything else they have ever tried.
Kill...more...elves.
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

ChunLing wrote:they will probably screw it as royally as they have screwed everything else they have ever tried.
humans?

(sorry, i couldn't resist... I blame Labrat...)
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Well, not a perfect play, since the actual screwing seemed less than majestic. I'm pretty sure Labrat would have found a way to emphasize that in a particularly grotesque way.

But yes, humans included.
Kill...more...elves.