2010-04-07: Headache

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-04-07: Headache

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Headache
Lurker 314
Forum Regular

Re: 2010-04-07: Headache

Post by Lurker 314 »

This isn't sounding like "A" grade material to me. Maybe she can sex up that final project report with some graphs or something.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

"Every cell in my body is radiating magical energy at levels never imagined possible with our current understanding of the workings of magic. Do I get an A?"

"Ahh... I don't give out A's by principle."
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

Rakshasa Taisab wrote:"Every cell in my body is radiating magical energy at levels never imagined possible with our current understanding of the workings of magic. Do I get an A?"

"Ahh... I don't give out A's by principle."
I still think Grandpa pulling some strings to get her an A would make everything funny as hell.
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I think Meji just has her timeline wrong here. If I'm remembering the original source material correctly, Kawaii said that Ian had been there "a while ago" or something like that. Given the head start he had on them, the amount of time they wandered to and from the first temple, and the vague nature of Kawaii's temporal reference, Ian may have had several days to sort out how to use his powers before he showed up and whisked Meji off in the middle of the night.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

At this point, I doubt her grade and resulting diploma (or lack thereof) will affect her future employment. Gramps has upgraded her current employment from 'specimen' to...er, 'detainee' it seems. So nepotism (and maybe a healthy bit of "let's try not to piss of the gods too much") comes through after all. Maybe the guards will force her to participate in a mostly human pyramid or something, just for laughs. That will cheer everyone up, right?
Kill...more...elves.
Dusty Lens
New Poster

Post by Dusty Lens »

I still hold firm to the belief that her new power is that of making really, really excellent sandwiches.

In the end isn't a really excellent sandwich the most powerful magic of all?
SkArcher
Errant Scholar

Post by SkArcher »

Nice to know Meji is up for showing so much leg to whoever happens to glance in through those windows. And she can't even blast 'em for it.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

SkArcher wrote:Nice to know Meji is up for showing so much leg to whoever happens to glance in through those windows. And she can't even blast 'em for it.
More importantly; nice to see her showing _US_ so much leg.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Okay, not as sick as that...bonsai kitten or whatever, but still a little creepy. She's got legs, okay? It's a bipedal thing.
Kill...more...elves.