2010-04-14: Deaf Ears

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
icekatze
Forum Regular

Re: 2010-04-14: Deaf Ears

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

For bleeding that doesn't just blend into the nose and mouth, I suggest maybe having it dripping off of her chin.
runic
Errant Scholar

Post by runic »

so much for reasonable debate.

is Ian ever going to listen to criticism without losing his collective s&*t?
CptNerd
Forum Regular
Twitter @: CptNerd

Post by CptNerd »

This may explain why both god... er, "religious artifacts" were "sleeping" so far apart. Meji and Ian may be being driven to re-enact an ongoing argument that started long ago...

Or maybe not, it was just a few neurons firing wildly trying to get attention.

They do that.

Oh, and I got my copy of book 3, no problems.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

Hahah oh Ian you've really done it this time you've pissed off the one thing in the Poe verse that can smack you around.

Lets all remember

Ian = trained as a medic mage with a few combat spells for defense

Meji = all I'm good at is blowing things to hell
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
Kian
Forum Regular

Post by Kian »

I wonder if part of the enmity comes from the gods in them. If somehow Anilis sensed Senilis in Meji. After all, according to elven history, the three gods were fighting each other until one of them got killed. I doubt they were on the best of terms even after they declared a truce.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Huh. So MEJI is the one acting as the voice of reason here.

That scares me.

Perhaps the strain is what's causing severe brain hemorrhaging?
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

runic wrote:so much for reasonable debate.

is Ian ever going to listen to criticism without losing his collective s&*t?
All signs point to your head exploding.

I really like the art on this comic - especially the understated blood slipping down her neck.

Also: Ian is still a genocidal maniac who lusts for nothing but revenge, whatever his justifications. Carry on!
Lindley
Forum Trainee

Post by Lindley »

Kian wrote:I wonder if part of the enmity comes from the gods in them. If somehow Anilis sensed Senilis in Meji. After all, according to elven history, the three gods were fighting each other until one of them got killed. I doubt they were on the best of terms even after they declared a truce.
Did we ever learn which one got killed? Maybe "killed" doesn't mean what we think it means for one of these things. Could explain why Meji hasn't developed any powers yet....
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

DatDude wrote:Hahah oh Ian you've really done it this time you've pissed off the one thing in the Poe verse that can smack you around.

Lets all remember

Ian = trained as a medic mage with a few combat spells for defense

Meji = all I'm good at is blowing things to hell
Though Meji was impressed by Ian's performance in the library, and Ian recovered first from the elves in Saus, nearly won in magical combat (with help from Jon) and then did win by bringing down the building. He's actually fairly good at magical combat; Meji hasn't done much against anyone who could fight back.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Lindley wrote:
Kian wrote:I wonder if part of the enmity comes from the gods in them. If somehow Anilis sensed Senilis in Meji. After all, according to elven history, the three gods were fighting each other until one of them got killed. I doubt they were on the best of terms even after they declared a truce.
Did we ever learn which one got killed? Maybe "killed" doesn't mean what we think it means for one of these things. Could explain why Meji hasn't developed any powers yet....
Not as such, though we know Senilis was active in the Early Elven Period, and made boobies, while Exitialis "god of death" wasn't.