2010-04-14: Deaf Ears

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2010-04-14: Deaf Ears

Post by Initial B »

Hmmm, I get the feeling Ian's next action is to give Meji a mental bitch-slap, which will lead to a connection between the two gods. But if Ian was really in his right mind, he would see the logic in Meji's words. However, I think he has seen too many Errant deaths to not try and pay back the elves in kind. It reminds me of "Footnotes in Gaza".
Ged
Errant Scholar

Post by Ged »

I'm inclined to take Ian's side. The elves have been trying to find a way to overcome his power. They're stupid but the longer they're alive the more chance there is of them working something out. Why take the risk? Take them out while you know you can.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Initial B wrote:Hmmm, I get the feeling Ian's next action is to give Meji a mental bitch-slap, which will lead to a connection between the two gods. But if Ian was really in his right mind, he would see the logic in Meji's words. However, I think he has seen too many Errant deaths to not try and pay back the elves in kind. It reminds me of "Footnotes in Gaza".
Actually if he's spent most of his life in Santuariel, he probably hasn't seen *any* half-elves killed by elves. It's something they fear and hear about, not witness.
Dallen Andair
Errant Scholar

Post by Dallen Andair »

Initial B wrote:Hmmm, I get the feeling Ian's next action is to give Meji a mental bitch-slap, which will lead to a connection between the two gods. But if Ian was really in his right mind, he would see the logic in Meji's words. However, I think he has seen too many Errant deaths to not try and pay back the elves in kind. It reminds me of "Footnotes in Gaza".
I don't think his thinking is even that clear. Meji is calling him out and pointing out a more stable and doable solution, but since doing so robs Ian of his little power trip, he's throwing a hissyfit.

I really hope that jackass gets slapped down soon.
Yenhael: Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein!
Ian: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Lindley wrote:
Kian wrote:I wonder if part of the enmity comes from the gods in them. If somehow Anilis sensed Senilis in Meji. After all, according to elven history, the three gods were fighting each other until one of them got killed. I doubt they were on the best of terms even after they declared a truce.
Did we ever learn which one got killed? Maybe "killed" doesn't mean what we think it means for one of these things. Could explain why Meji hasn't developed any powers yet....
In one of the earlier panels ... it was Exitalis ... why he isn't around.

Arguably, none of the Gods are around much anymore. The two survivors are mere shadows of their former selves.

Life-cycles of Gods ... anyone? (Poe: hint, hint, nudge, nudge ...)
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

Ian just hates being told he's wrong, and like any internet troll he jumps straight into personal attacks.
Cassadar
One Post Wonder

Post by Cassadar »

all of Ian's actions and dialoge always seemed to have pointed at him being a true errant... a half elf who's mentally just not right... and should be killed.... i hope he suffers a slow death.... <.<

also hey!! first post!

*leaves*
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Are there still people thinking that Ian is the one that said that last line?
Kill...more...elves.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

ChunLing wrote:Are there still people thinking that Ian is the one that said that last line?
You say that in a codescending way that implies such people would be stupid, despite the thought bubble clearly coming from Ian, and nothing in the thread giving any reason to think it's not Ian.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

I think ChunLing was perhaps harkening back to the (discredited, I thought) idea that the fancy-font speech bubbles were Anilis speaking through Ian's mouth, rather than a juiced-up Ian speaking in crazy modulated god-voice.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."