2010-04-23: Your Ride is Here, Madame.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-04-23: Your Ride is Here, Madame.

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Your Ride is Here, Madame.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Re: 2010-04-23: Your Ride is Here, Madame.

Post by DatDude »

Duuuuu did he just offer to ride them there on a mountain like we joked about in Wednesday's thread?

Im scared hold me. . .
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

this is such a horribly bad idea.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

He's really getting the hang of that god-power thing, isn't he?
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

Wow, now that is what I call heavy lifting. He had better make sure he doesn't drop it, or get hit by one of those null-grenades when he is carrying it...
runic
Errant Scholar

Post by runic »

on the plus side on once he's done ferrying the time ninjas he can just huck the mountaintop at the opposition.
theMycon
Forum Trainee

Post by theMycon »

Initial B wrote:Wow, now that is what I call heavy lifting. He had better make sure he doesn't drop it, or get hit by one of those null-grenades when he is carrying it...
Would even the elves be that stupid?
"We've stopped the invincible, vengeful god for 20 seconds! That was totally worth forcing him to crash a mountain into our mountain. I hope none of the people riding on it dressed like our old gladiatoral order we abandoned want to hurt us and happened to know how to slow their own fall..."
noct
New Poster

Post by noct »

theMycon wrote:
Initial B wrote:Wow, now that is what I call heavy lifting. He had better make sure he doesn't drop it, or get hit by one of those null-grenades when he is carrying it...
Would even the elves be that stupid?
"We've stopped the invincible, vengeful god for 20 seconds! That was totally worth forcing him to crash a mountain into our mountain. I hope none of the people riding on it dressed like our old gladiatoral order we abandoned want to hurt us and happened to know how to slow their own fall..."
hmmm.... with magic?
Though, one has to ask how far a fall it would really be if one were to throw a grenade at them? Also, whether or not Ian would survive a mountain landing on him?
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

noct wrote:Also, whether or not Ian would survive a mountain landing on him?
short answer: yes
theMycon
Forum Trainee

Post by theMycon »

noct wrote:hmmm.... with magic?
I was taking the (a few days before the above linked) strips as evidence that the inaire grenades don't have a great burst radius- certainly not "through the thickness of the mountain."

I was also taking the (less definite) assumption Ian would be flying and "carrying" the mountain behind him, rather than sitting on it while the whole thing flies. And that after he got de-magic'd, inertia would do its thing and keep the mountain going forward as it crashed.