2010-04-28: Do Not Pass Go...

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-04-28: Do Not Pass Go...

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Do Not Pass Go...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: 2010-04-28: Do Not Pass Go...

Post by Graybeard »

Wow. I wasn't really expecting the Paedagogusi here. I have a feeling I can predict the next installment or two:

Jon: "And tell me, titmoth, exactly how are we supposed to get out of here and keep tabs on Meji and her passenger?"

Nookie: "Easy, watch this." <Makes a Paedagogusi-sized hole in the wall of the cell with the wave of a hand, then enlarges it so that Jon can fit>

Jon <blinks>: "AAAGGHH! So we've been sitting here for three days in this hell hole, and you could have busted us out right away. Why the frack didn't you TELL me about that?"

Nookie <blinks back>: "You didn't ask."

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

As humerous as that sounds, the more prosaic reason is that they agreed to play along. It doesn't look like the kind of place that's capable of holding any of them. Jon could walk out of there anytime he wants to.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Slamlander wrote:As humerous as that sounds, the more prosaic reason is that they agreed to play along. It doesn't look like the kind of place that's capable of holding any of them. Jon could walk out of there anytime he wants to.
Someone didn't read the mouse-over text. ^_^
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

I would like more detail on how they got to this point. Or rather, what the bakas think they're up to.

Proper jail cell.. with magic-electric light and running water. Possibly more luxuries than Jon had growing up. I forget, did those Farrellian inns show electric lighting in the rooms?

But we're missing the important bit. Assuming that the bakas can't just phase through the walls, Sara's been locked up with Kawaii.
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

One assumes the walls are magical enough to hold folks like Sara and Sarine. Bets are off on the fairies, though.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

mindstalk wrote:But we're missing the important bit. Assuming that the bakas can't just phase through the walls, Sara's been locked up with Kawaii.
Yes, this is indeed frightening. Wonder how much Sara "knows" about Lord Cap'n Xander Kittysnoggins by now?

Another fun thought. If Chicanery managed to get done with the elves and join the fun, she'd be with Sarine. I don't think it happened -- no Paedagogusi is evident in Sarine's cell -- but we can't see enough of that cell to be sure, and the synergy of cynical snark might suffice to sink the sky city.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
CptNerd
Forum Regular
Twitter @: CptNerd

Post by CptNerd »

Graybeard wrote:
mindstalk wrote:But we're missing the important bit. Assuming that the bakas can't just phase through the walls, Sara's been locked up with Kawaii.
Yes, this is indeed frightening. Wonder how much Sara "knows" about Lord Cap'n Xander Kittysnoggins by now?
She is looking rather dazed...
Graybeard wrote:Another fun thought. If Chicanery managed to get done with the elves and join the fun, she'd be with Sarine. I don't think it happened -- no Paedagogusi is evident in Sarine's cell -- but we can't see enough of that cell to be sure, and the synergy of cynical snark might suffice to sink the sky city.
I see what look like wings in the very upper lefthand corner.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Graybeard wrote:

Another fun thought. If Chicanery managed to get done with the elves and join the fun, she'd be with Sarine. I don't think it happened -- no Paedagogusi is evident in Sarine's cell -- but we can't see enough of that cell to be sure, and the synergy of cynical snark might suffice to sink the sky city.
She was already done with the elves; a pile of unconscious elves was found outside the locked gate by the Tsuirakuans. She's inside with Concussion and the portal to Continuity.

I think the "wings" are just peeling paint; you see something similar above Sara's head.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
Slamlander wrote:As humerous as that sounds, the more prosaic reason is that they agreed to play along. It doesn't look like the kind of place that's capable of holding any of them. Jon could walk out of there anytime he wants to.
Someone didn't read the mouse-over text. ^_^
I did, yeppers. It's just that Jon's that good. Come to that, so is Sara and Sarine, and we haven't gotten to the paedogogusi yet. Those tiny titmoths could demolish those doors with one finger. No, they're there of their own free will and cooperation or they'd be escaped by now.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?