2007-10-22 Dirty tricks work every time

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

2007-10-22 Dirty tricks work every time

Post by Pillaroforder »

He is an assassin and no mistake about it. When you're up against the elves no rules of engagement apply.
normalphil
Heretical Monk

Re: 2007-10-22 Dirty tricks work every time

Post by normalphil »

Pillaroforder wrote:He is an assassin and no mistake about it. When you're up against the elves no rules of engagement apply.
I kept track of his eyes throughout. Awesomely chilling.

Sarine is a soldier. Sara is a warrior. Ian is a fighter.

Jon is a killer.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

That's right, Jon. Maintain eye contact and keep the conversation going. If he's looking you in the eye, he can't see what your hands are doing. Doesn't even matter if he believes you or not.

Also, looks like the armor isn't that good against bullets. And it looks like the shield was either around the other guy or only stops things a certain distance away moving beyond a certain speed.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

It's almost kinda sad. The robo-elf wasn't actually bad, he really was just following orders. Unfortunately, those 'orders' put him in direct conflict with 3 different reasons Jon had to kill him... 1) Real Sister Sara, 2) Temp-Sister Meji, and 3) Keeper-of-The-Sexings Sarine.

I wonder how the Hinadori clan is going to take this...
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
KurtDunn
Forum Regular

Post by KurtDunn »

FINALLY!

If you did that pages ago, we'd be MUCH further along the plot by now! :roll:
Viking-Sensei wrote:It's almost kinda sad. The robo-elf wasn't actually bad, he really was just following orders.

Also, we can assume that almost all living Elves, especially ones with comfortable positions guarding political dignitaries and their entourages, were probably genocidal assholes during the Errant Wars.

Besides, as a man of god once said...
Fire and Brimstone Badass, Circa Crusades wrote:"Slay them all. God shall know his own."
kurzon
New Poster

Post by kurzon »

I think we can fairly safely assume that the people turning up with a story of "your half-breed whelp is visiting Daddy" are fully aware that they've kidnapped the girl prepatory for execution. Not that innocent.

Go Jon!
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

As John Wayne said in The Shootist: Son, you might be younger, faster, stronger, and more accurate but, I'm still gonna kill you.
He did too.

Edit:Thanks Viking S. It wouldn't let me back in to edit.
Last edited by Slamlander on October 22nd, 2007, 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Viking-Sensei wrote:I wonder how the Hinadori clan is going to take this...
A whiskey chaser?
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

BloodHenge wrote:
Viking-Sensei wrote:I wonder how the Hinadori clan is going to take this...
A whiskey chaser?
Probably need more than that. I mean, if she freaked out about the wall, imagine her reaction to all that elf blood all over the carpet. "And I just had these floors washed! No, don't drag him, you're just smearing it. Somebody go get some towels and detergent. No, I don't know where it is... do I LOOK like I know where we keep the detergent?"
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Pro, Jon. That's all I've got to say. Pro.

Here I was thinking "oh wow real brave there, backpedal, pretend you don't know anything, maybe they'll spare you." Of course that's about the smartest thing he could do, as there's not much he can do dead or in custody, but still, I'd expect Jon to pull off something deviously [BLAM]

Oh. Oh! Alrighty then, that... that about does it, yeah. Good job. Jon for the win.

(Of course, from the angle we can't really be sure that the bullet even penetrated the armor, though the darkness near where barrel meets belly could be taken to be blood. Even so, that looks like a stomach shot, which while extremely painful is not immediately debilitating, especially for a thousands-of-years-old highly trained magically-enhanced Elven soldier. I wouldn't be surprised if Jon got bitchslapped around a good deal in the next page; unless the RoboElf drops to his knees from the pain of the first shot and Jon finishes him off execution-style).