2010-05-05: At Least Bust Us Out Too.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-05-05: At Least Bust Us Out Too.

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for At Least Bust Us Out Too.
wrog
Errant Scholar

Re: 2010-05-05: At Least Bust Us Out Too.

Post by wrog »

well since we're evidently not doing the Star Trek Force Field Pain Door Thing, then I'm going to go with magically enhanced lexan.

... but apparently not magically enhanced enough.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Transparent aluminum exists now, Transparent Sodium and Transparent Aluminum

However, what most folks do not realise is that some gemstones, like sapphires, are forms of transparent metal. In that case, Corundum and traces of either Chromium(Rubies), Vanadium(Sapphires), or Titanium. Depending on color, it's all Corundum.

A solid sheet of clear sapphire (Corundum and Titanium-Oxide) is almost as tough as aluminum and a good candidate for your door material. The wikipedia article is very interesting.

Did you know that glass, being silica-boron, is technically a transparent metal?
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

Jon can probably reach the panel if he puts in a great effort (I've played around quite a bit burgling into our house and office), but it will be quite painful if not very painful, he might pull something if his arm isn't thin enough but not too thick either. Not that he will try necessarily, not sure if they want to escape and if Kawaii would let them.
Oh wait, that's at an angle... very painful by default then and he's much more likely to injure himself as he'll need to lift his body. :s

Thanks for the geology-gemeology lesson. I agree it's probably magically enchanced, whatever it is. These are high-security prison cells.

I just noticed Nookie's flight pattern indicates a whimsical nature of her and probably faeries in general, or she's still tipsy from the impacts.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Well, trying ramming your head against three walls and then checking your flight pattern after . . . even with a nitrogen hot plasma bubble as a shield. :ugeek:
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
RGE
Errant Scholar

Post by RGE »

Itterind wrote:Jon can probably reach the panel if he puts in a great effort (I've played around quite a bit burgling into our house and office), but it will be quite painful if not very painful, he might pull something if his arm isn't thin enough but not too thick either.
If those doors slide into the ceiling, floor or walls, he might lose his arm by trying that. And it seems quite possible that you need to be able to use magic to activate the control panel. :?
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

I thought of that, but felt it was an issue for after he hits the panel.

Anyway, her speech isn't blurred soon after the impacts when addressing Kawaii, but I agree her flight pattern is probably more delicate. She had a shield? I see it now! Neat!
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

I'd love to know what is going through Jon's mind right now, considering that he knows that this is the same one that he shot while escaping from Anilis' sarcophagus.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Yeah, breathe that free air. It almost seems like a celebration of my most recent release from extra-legal imprisonment for thought crime.

Of course, my methods were a little more high-brow than banging into bullet/magic-proof glass with my head, but they do seem to take longer. "Persuade" checks get a big negative penalty when you're trying to get people to do something even slightly different from what the FBI would prefer, it seems.
Kill...more...elves.
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

What happened? *curious