2010-05-07: Searching...

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-05-07: Searching...

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Searching...
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2010-05-07: Searching...

Post by Nell »

WTF!? She's so casual about it, can't tell whether she's just confident or stupid.
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
Dusty Lens
New Poster

Post by Dusty Lens »

Yo mommas so fat her total mass can’t actually be measured by most elven forms of mathematics?
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

That answered that question. Humanoid familiars.
Nell wrote:WTF!? She's so casual about it, can't tell whether she's just confident or stupid.
Yes, deserved confidence. The baka are more invulnerable than Ellis and hit a shitload harder. Remember that this one personally stopped one of Jon's rounds and had not much more than a hangover. Then, she brute forced her way through the cell door, not finesse but straight on brute force. That's what Jon is contemplating in his cell right now, I'll bet.

With their gods going diffuse, there isn't much of anything that can stand against the paedagogusi ... peodagogusi ... paodagogusi ... sod it! Bakas!
Last edited by Slamlander on May 7th, 2010, 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
NekoPanzer
New Poster

Post by NekoPanzer »

"Hey, listen!" I just had a terrifying Zelda flashback.
Scient
Forum Regular

Post by Scient »

Today's title leaves me waiting for the '...seek and destroy!'
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

I don't recall so much a hangover as being slightly mussed and coming to a surprising realization at that moment.

Which is to say, I doubt that anything currently in existence short of Ian can actually harm the bakas, and probably not him either. So it's not too surprising that they have essentially forgotten the very notion of taking anything "seriously" if they even had such an irrelevant (to them) concept in the first place.
Kill...more...elves.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Hopefully some rational Tsraki will note that precise 6" melt hole in the glassteel cell door and realize a Pedo ain't your average familiar. It would save a lot of lives.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Probably the main threat to a baka is Ian or maybe another baka.

Bullets, pshaw. Kawaii got shot by a grumpy dwarf, with a laser, blaster, or bazooka, not sure which.
Admittedly we haven't seen them hit directly by magic, as opposed to mundane forces.

This also reminds me that when she burst out of a troll's stomach there was charring, so I guess that's some sort of energy projection.
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

ChunLing wrote:Which is to say, I doubt that anything currently in existence short of Ian can actually harm the bakas, and probably not him either. So it's not too surprising that they have essentially forgotten the very notion of taking anything "seriously" if they even had such an irrelevant (to them) concept in the first place.
I think Ian could possibly hurt them, but it would take something other than brute force to do so. That is to say, I think Ian has the means to do so, but lacks the knowledge of how to apply those means. Anilis and Senilis presumably know how the fairies were made, and could thus unmake them, but without that knowledge I doubt anyone could do more than inconvenience them.

Now the mages could probably annoy Nookie plenty if they put their minds to it. She doesn't mass much, so the proper attacks could knock her around and keep her from making much progress. The downside of that is they'd probably have to stop some time, and she'd turn them inside out the instant that happened.