2010-05-17: A Little Fight...

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-05-17: A Little Fight...

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for A Little Fight...
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Re: 2010-05-17: A Little Fight...

Post by Forrest »

Apparently there are dragons in ES!

And rye bread.

And the fairies know what quantum singularities are.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

And beating them up (or ripping up golems) was more effort than punching through Jon's door, unless she's including that in the total.

Or maybe not actually killing the humans was the hard part.

She's calling them mixed things. Detecting little bits of elfiness, or still thinking humans look like elf-dwarf mixes?
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

mindstalk wrote:She's calling them mixed things. Detecting little bits of elfiness, or still thinking humans look like elf-dwarf mixes?
"Mixed things" is what the pedos call all humans. They call Jon the "tall, hairy mixed thing" or something like that.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

I bet I know where all the dragons went.
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Forrest wrote:
mindstalk wrote:She's calling them mixed things. Detecting little bits of elfiness, or still thinking humans look like elf-dwarf mixes?
"Mixed things" is what the pedos call all humans. They call Jon the "tall, hairy mixed thing" or something like that.
Yeah, I caught that too. I always assumed that the bakas were refering to half-elves when they refered to mixed things. I believe that this is the first time that phrase was used where there is no chance for ambiguity. We know half-elves are mixed. Now we know that humans are also mixed but mixed from what?
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
scutter_2
New Poster

Post by scutter_2 »

Some elves musta got it on with the trolls or dwarves (less likely) and when the elves stumbled across the human offspring, those responsible were too embarrassed to put up their hands.
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

scutter_2 wrote:Some elves musta got it on with the trolls or dwarves (less likely) and when the elves stumbled across the human offspring, those responsible were too embarrassed to put up their hands.
The introduction of the "mixed things" terminology referenced Elves and Dwarves, then immediately pointed out how that's impossible.

http://www.errantstory.com/2005-09-26/419

I like the idea of them being Elf-Trolls though, except, IIRC, we have seen an Elf-Troll (cue spooky voice) FROM THE FUTURE, in previews of ES2, and she was distinctly not human. (EDIT: apparently Mikota is half-troll, half-human, which would make her three parts troll and one part elf, if humans are elf-trolls, and thus understandably more troll-looking).

Also, why would the offspring of immortal elves and long-lived trolls be so short-lived as humans?
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

Who says it has to be a mix between any of those? Maybe there's more.

But then again, you know what they say about midgets and parties, and by extension menages.
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Are we back to "the pedos said so" arguments?

Because I'm very sure that almost everything they've ever said has turned out to be completely not true, often by design.
Kill...more...elves.