2010-06-21: Magi-Babble

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
kingleon
New Poster

Re: 2010-06-21: Magi-Babble

Post by kingleon »

I've been wondering about Yuan since that picture went up. We see no human in Chapter 1 that looks like him and no reference to any human with a similar name.

At this point, I have convinced myself that he must be the guy who flew an airship into the Tower of Artifax (the only remaining possibility), which would be pretty awesome if I'm right. He looks like a respectable airship-stealing fellow.

That or (a) somehow related to that guy who tried suck off energy from Veracia's pokegod or (b) the guy who used mental domineering to graduate from mage school.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I'm not normally one for giving spoilers, but I feel like I ought to give a hint here.
Spoiler: show
One of your fundamental assumptions about Yuan is wrong. Once you figure out which one, it will be easier to figure out where Yuan was mentioned before.

Also, Yuan was mentioned in a much later chapter as well, and is mentioned in at least one Heretic Knowledge Vault article.
Oh, and Poe may yet decide to change the name. He probably will, in fact, he tells me he doesn't like how it sounds.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

If it helps, here's another image I did with that character in it:
Joe Milino
Forum Trainee

Post by Joe Milino »

wrog wrote:well, if we can take what she says at face value (hahahahaha, I kill myself...) then she's Not Future Meji. (i.e., "I don't have the capacity to do this, and you don't know how yet" suggests, at best, a branch in the timelines if NFM is in any sense a version of Meji... i.e., whatever Meji is becoming, it's not NFM)
If shes's not becoming "not future Meji", then wouldn't she be. . . becoming future meji? Because that's sort of a given, unless she dies. The future future meji? :lol:
kingleon
New Poster

Post by kingleon »

Imp-Chan wrote:I'm not normally one for giving spoilers, but I feel like I ought to give a hint here.
One of your fundamental assumptions about Yuan is wrong. Once you figure out which one, it will be easier to figure out where Yuan was mentioned before.

Also, Yuan was mentioned in a much later chapter as well, and is mentioned in at least one Heretic Knowledge Vault article.
Oh, and Poe may yet decide to change the name. He probably will, in fact, he tells me he doesn't like how it sounds.

^-^'
I finally decided to let my mouse cursor hover over the picture of Yuan from the weekend. A-hah.

Well, my best guesses then are that she's either Shiro Hideaki's dead but immortal wife or an unnamed Sashi Mu student in the background.
ratfox
Forum Regular

Post by ratfox »

Calling it, Yuan is female.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Imp-Chan wrote:
and is mentioned in at least one Heretic Knowledge Vault article.
You mean besides this one?
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

Joe Milino wrote:
wrog wrote:well, if we can take what she says at face value (hahahahaha, I kill myself...) then she's Not Future Meji. (i.e., "I don't have the capacity to do this, and you don't know how yet" suggests, at best, a branch in the timelines if NFM is in any sense a version of Meji... i.e., whatever Meji is becoming, it's not NFM)
If she's not becoming "not future Meji", then wouldn't she be. . . becoming future meji?
well, yes. What would be the point of using the name "Future Meji", otherwise?
:roll:
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Joe Milino wrote:If shes's not becoming "not future Meji", then wouldn't she be. . . becoming future meji?
I think his point is that Young Meji is, of course, becoming Future Meji, so if this Older Meji, who we thought was Future Meji, says that she does not have some power that Young Meji WILL have in the future (as evidenced by the word "yet"), then she is perhaps in fact NOT Future Meji, and may instead be an ALTERNATE-Future Meji: Young Meji will get a power that Older Meji never got. Or, as others have suggested, maybe she's just a Further-Future Meji: Young Meji does not yet have this power, some Future Meji will have that power, and then will have lost it by the time she becomes this Older Meji.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Forrest wrote:
Imp-Chan wrote:
and is mentioned in at least one Heretic Knowledge Vault article.
You mean besides this one?
Yes. Yes, I do.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.