2010-07-19: Travel Sickness

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-07-19: Travel Sickness

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Travel Sickness
Talancir
Errant Scholar

Re: 2010-07-19: Travel Sickness

Post by Talancir »

oh yeah. Ian.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

Troll zombie is disappointed in Pauls lack of fortitude.
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

It'd be funny if Meji goes boom right now and disrupts Ian's control so they all fall and die. Of course having a mountain fall on them would probably at least mess up the elven entrances.

Hmm. Rocks fall, everyone dies.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

What I was thinking ;)

The thing is that, it would almost eliminate all the bad guys ;) :shock: 8-)
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
ratfox
Forum Regular

Post by ratfox »

All of them... On one convenient rock in the sky...
Luciifiel
Forum Regular

Post by Luciifiel »

Gah! It's Ian. I really hope that the massacre doesn't start. :( I can't stand many of the elves but... another massacre is not the key to peace. Oh whatever. Maybe he should just kill them all.

I hope that Meji will come up soon and kick his arse. Oh btw btw btw!!!! I just realized something. Given that Meji is a half-elf and thus ages a lot sloweerrr than everyone else and now that she's semi godhood, won't her future self(the one she met) be from like... 50 to 200 years later? :lol: Damn, I'll miss Jon when this comic ends. :( Who doesn't like self-tormented hitmen with a tragic past, thus setting the road for future redemption?
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Jon doesn't really seem all that self-tormented. But yeah, we'll miss him.

I'm guessing that enough of the monks know how to use slow fall that they aren't in terrible danger just from being airborne. At least not worse danger than pretty much every Tsuirakuan puts up with every moment of every day. Of course, they are about to watch Ian mass animate a whole bunch of dead bodies while most of the remaining elves in the world try to kill them all. But that probably hasn't all that much to do with the sliced-off bit of mountain they're riding. Even if he 'forgets' to let them off before throwing it at the nearest elf.
Kill...more...elves.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

ChunLing wrote: I'm guessing that enough of the monks know how to use slow fall that they aren't in terrible danger just from being airborne. At least not worse danger than pretty much every Tsuirakuan puts up with every moment of every day. Of course, they are about to watch Ian mass animate a whole bunch of dead bodies while most of the remaining elves in the world try to kill them all. But that probably hasn't all that much to do with the sliced-off bit of mountain they're riding. Even if he 'forgets' to let them off before throwing it at the nearest elf.
Speaking of which, what's Ian's battle plan here? It's one thing to get this whole pile of time-ninjas into position near Praenubilus Astu. It is quite something else to put them to work killing elves. He has completely blown the element of surprise by this method of transport; we know from the visit by Sarine and the Amraphels that the elves do keep a standing watch outside the mountain, and they must be filling their overly ornate pants at what they're seeing. If he can see the entrances, people near the entrances can see him, and the mountain top. Just "go in there and kill" ain't gonna hack it against a forewarned adversary that's had a little time to think about what he did last time.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Hey, Ian's no strategist. Whatshername is supposed to be the evil kung fu master ninja assassin mastermind on this job. Even if she doesn't have a long white beard. That we can see.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre