2010-07-22: WhY Do You Need Us?

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-07-22: WhY Do You Need Us?

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for WhY Do You Need Us?
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Re: 2010-07-22: WhY Do You Need Us?

Post by mindstalk »

I'm rather surprised. I thought the flying mountain was Ian's improvised transportation, with "doh!" being a sensible response to Anita's question. He either actually thought this out in advance, or covered his ass very quickly. Either way...
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Naahhh! Ian knows nothing about arrogance, do he? :roll:
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

Maybe he's planning to animate the giant statue of Anilis for a truly unspeakable attack...after which the few surviving, traumatized elves will have a nudity taboo.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Or he's going to slice out the whole mountain and levitate it with all the elves inside...
Gunndalf
Forum Trainee

Post by Gunndalf »

He's going to fly down to the entrance and wave his bare ass at them shouting 'nanananananana'
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

He really is trying to make sure that he gets ALL of them.

That ain't gonna happen. To start with, there are all the Rangers out there, not to mention various expeditionary forces. This includes the one that they are secretly sending to Tsuirakushiti ;) *Yes, that's speculation* :shock: .
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

mindstalk wrote:I'm rather surprised. I thought the flying mountain was Ian's improvised transportation, with "doh!" being a sensible response to Anita's question. He either actually thought this out in advance, or covered his ass very quickly. Either way...
I'm going with the latter.
icekatze
Forum Regular

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

He's going to show them their true origins and demoralize them? I mean, other than secrets never told, what in the elves long life spans would they have never seen?

The ban on necromancy and time magic is being brought together for the very first time on screen very shortly, with hopefully no compounded side effects from their mixing. All I can think of was the very next comment on the Vanish/Doom phenomenon, so perhaps he's planning on vanishing the rest of the world so they've got nowhere to run?
Lurker 314
Forum Regular

Post by Lurker 314 »

I'm comforted that Ian has figured out how to strategize before attacking. Even five minutes ahead of time is an improvement. That should make the coming GENOCIDE! flow better.

As to what elves haven't seen before, I imagine there's a lot, for example, transformations (they've never met anyone aside from their gods that had the juice to turn an elf into a squirrel or ick, a human), maybe viral attacks (magic that can spread like an infection), godlings doing dumb things with enormous objects (though I think we can rule that out since Ian already did that and he's being creative today), or creating new geological features (like supervolcanoes).