08/20/2007 - That's ONE way to make an entrance...

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
finalcarrot
Forum Regular

Re: 08/20/2007 - That's ONE way to make an entrance...

Post by finalcarrot »

If you like that idea, consider why the elves have viciously hunted down the errants. Maybe it isn't "just" because their power can be dangerous if they develop psychosis. Maybe the elves know something more than they have let on about why the gods don't have bodies, and maybe a little something about what it would take to harness the power of one.

Remember what happened to the half-elf that tried to absorb Luminosita? The false god made him go mad, but a real one...

I think Ian's the proof of what happens when an errant absorbs/integrates/symbiotes/parasites with a real god.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Huh. Interesting. Board just ate my last post. Let's try this again.

Anyway - A half-elf didn't go after Luminosita, it was a crazy mage wracked with grief over his dead wife.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Yes and the Gods definitely DIDn'T tel them that. If that's the case, then the only ones that know are the tit-moths and they ain't talking.
Intrope
Heretical Monk

Post by Intrope »

finalcarrot wrote:If you like that idea, consider why the elves have viciously hunted down the errants. Maybe it isn't "just" because their power can be dangerous if they develop psychosis. Maybe the elves know something more than they have let on about why the gods don't have bodies, and maybe a little something about what it would take to harness the power of one.

Remember what happened to the half-elf that tried to absorb Luminosita? The false god made him go mad, but a real one...

I think Ian's the proof of what happens when an errant absorbs/integrates/symbiotes/parasites with a real god.
You're confusing Shiro Hideaki, a human that tried to use Luminosita to rez his wife, and Kiyan Nizami, an errant who died defending this reality from invaders from dimension X after going crazy and blowing up Malacia.
Morgh
New Poster

Post by Morgh »

Yup, new here.

Love the comic Poe, simply amazing, and this arc just made it spectacular. So many wonderful details and hints and... and ... Weee!
GregC
Forum Trainee
Twitter @: gregcarter

Post by GregC »

Tiamat wrote:...it was a crazy mage wracked with grief...
Well, the wracked with grief part applies to Ian as well. I wonder whether and how much particular emotions come into play? (Magic ability + absorbed god) x grief = KaBoom.
erewhon
Forum Regular

Post by erewhon »

brown trousers time
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

First rule of magic: 'never do the same trick twice'. But Ian is forgiven, because this guys haven't seen this one yet. :D
finalcarrot
Forum Regular

Post by finalcarrot »

Oh, duh. You're right. My ES history is getting blurred. The comic's been going a long time.

Well, to the point, a human couldn't hold the power of a fake god, and the elves clearly haven't served as replacements for the gods. Ian seems to be holding his own, and maybe (as I posited) only a errant could.
Talancir
Errant Scholar

Post by Talancir »

*de-lurks* "He's Dispelled, Jim." "But That's Impossible!"

anyone else felt the similarity to Star Trek here?

*re-lurks*