08/20/2007 - That's ONE way to make an entrance...

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Re: 08/20/2007 - That's ONE way to make an entrance...

Post by Slamlander »

The replacement body bit was only a wild hypothesis I tossed out there as fodder for the Bookies. I had just re-read Zelazny's Lord of Light (read the book, it answers many of your points). It's as valid a bet as many others. ;) 8-)
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

Slamlander wrote:The replacement body bit was only a wild hypothesis I tossed out there as fodder for the Bookies. ... It's as valid a bet as many others. ;) 8-)
and we even have the letters REPL_ appearing http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2005-10-07, so, ... there's ... evidence.
Unorthodox
New Poster

Post by Unorthodox »

Is is bad I miss my March 17, 2004 Reg date and 7 posts?

Oh well, time to get my 1 post in, and Lurk for a few years.
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

Well, that's not like this is the first time this theory come around, I mean...
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Maiazuru wrote:Its actually getting increasingly annoying, I'm sorry to say. We got a guy who has well-nigh godlike abilities, more power than an ENTIRE powerful civilization, and no true weakness to speak of thus far.

There's powering up a character, and then there's clearly OVERPOWERING that character. Ian was never as interesting as the others, and his power boost is making him downright boring. Whats the fun in a character who can do just about anything?

None to me.
'Ats okay, dude, no one is going to ask you to go on a role-playing adventure with him. This is a novel, and Ian achieving divine power is part of the plot. He doesn't have to be around for next week's bar fight.

Essentially, Ian has become the problem Sarine was trying to warn Jon about. Gojira just walked ashore out of Tokyo Bay and bellied his way past the high voltage wires, people are being crushed and burned alive all around, and somebody needs to do something. The Patriarch better come up with a damn good answer to Ian's question. I'll take back most of the bad thoughts I've had about him if he keeps his cool and gets the job done.

The character who could crock the storytelling isn't Ian, but Sara. Her hyperspeed gives her first action in any situation and only a handful of beings in the world can survive an encounter with her. Our doughty author is going to be writing around that issue for the rest of the story, but I'm sure he knows that.