2010-08-21: Chapter Forty Six Commentary

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-08-21: Chapter Forty Six Commentary

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Chapter Forty Six Commentary
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2010-08-21: Chapter Forty Six Commentary

Post by Nell »

Very intriguing... also, poor Bani... I guess she dies in the next comic?
Damn, Poe, that's grim.
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
lyze
Errant Scholar

Post by lyze »

God damn that was funny.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Well, we don't know that the commentaries are cannon. In fact, it's a good guess they aren't. Knowing Poe (as though I were some sort of expert on our resident mad comic artist) it could go either way.

It does kind of make me favor necrophilia more, however.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Sareth wrote:Well, we don't know that the commentaries are cannon. In fact, it's a good guess they aren't. Knowing Poe (as though I were some sort of expert on our resident mad comic artist) it could go either way.

It does kind of make me favor necrophilia more, however.
Use sorcery to resurrect Bani as a kind of vampire-Bani in a tight leather outfit?

It could work...
Voyager
Forum Trainee

Post by Voyager »

Bani: I'm dead?!!
Well, you see, that's also time magic.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

Well two things

1 hahahhahahahahahahah

and 2 poe didn't mention how far in the future they are all from. Everyones got to die at some point, and sara is a ninja after all they only get more badass as they get older.
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

DatDude wrote:and 2 poe didn't mention how far in the future they are all from. Everyones got to die at some point
Yeah, and Poe revealed in an earlier filler/dump thing that Bani is one of the stars of the sequel. So all we know is that she dies sometime after the start of the sequel, probably at least a good ways into it (otherwise she would just be an incidental character and not a star).

And really, you kinda gotta expect a main character to die in tragic and unexpected ways, after EN. (Which maybe makes this a red herring, since now it won't be unexpected? Or someone else will die too, while we're all waiting for Bani to make her tragic fatal slip on a banana peel or whatever?)
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

So do we have theories about how if at all time magic affects aging?
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

So...which is the delusion and which is the delusion of a delusion? I guess the fact that "future Bani" has no clothes and future Sara is doing all the talking could be a hint. Anybody up to checking her nethers for evidence of delusional resizing?

Or...is Sara's participation in these already nothing more than Bani's delusion, making both future Sara and Bani's skeleton delusions called forth by a delusion?
Kill...more...elves.