2010-09-06: A Brief Chain of Events

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Re: 2010-09-06: A Brief Chain of Events

Post by ChunLing »

Apparently Yukiri is under the impression that Meji is a good deal more...morally grounded than he really has any excuse to think her. But really, compared to how everyone always thinks they can get away with treating Ian, he's positively blowing kisses up her chimney. Not that it's smart for him to think that he's dealing with Ian, whom he doesn't even know anyway.

Right now, I would opt for considering her current condition to count as a valid medical excuse.
Kill...more...elves.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Confirmed: Professor Dumas (it's pronounced "dumbass") here is indeed, as I speculated before, "squarely at the top of the list of the most idiotic of idiots yet depicted in this story" yet with "balls at least as big as Anita's".
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

I suppose it's possible he still doesn't fully appreciate the gravity of the situation (maybe it's a not completely uncommon occurrence to have students coming back from a final-project trip at least slightly charged up). Though one would think his not being able to counter the levitate spell would be a big tip-off... (though maybe he's also a primarily academic mage with not much battle experience and so doesn't think it's that big a deal that he's not able to counter such things)

... or maybe he realizes he's toast and this is his form of bravado.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Or maybe he's read the comic and figures that Anita's approach is the best bet for dealing with an insane demi-god.
Kill...more...elves.
mediocrates
Forum Regular

Post by mediocrates »

wrog wrote:... or maybe he realizes he's toast and this is his form of bravado.
It could be kind of like Paul being remarkably ballsy about his snarks.
Nyerguds
Forum Regular

Post by Nyerguds »

Best case scenario: she beats the faculty in a Battle of Knowledge, becomes the new head teacher and happily lives out her life teaching magic for the rest of her life.

...but somehow I sincerely doubt that that'll happen :mrgreen:
Aajav-Khan
Forum Regular

Post by Aajav-Khan »

Yes, I have to agree with the sentiments so far. Pushing and taunting a person with obviously superior power and ( let us not forget ) tenuous hold on sanity is really not my idea of a smart tactic.

So what is the idea? 1) Being just dense? 2) Win time for help to arrive? 3) Trying to find out what the feth is going on? 4) Something else.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Aajav-Khan wrote:Yes, I have to agree with the sentiments so far. Pushing and taunting a person with obviously superior power and ( let us not forget ) tenuous hold on sanity is really not my idea of a smart tactic.

So what is the idea? 1) Being just dense? 2) Win time for help to arrive? 3) Trying to find out what the feth is going on? 4) Something else.
I'd go with (3). He's trying, in his own teacherly way, to talk her down from her god-hood.

Of course, he's correct in his estimate of the success of her project. You don't get a passing grade in chemistry, regardless of your result, if you blow yourself. Meji is destroying herself, like so many unfortunate dabblers in magic powers before her.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Boss Out of Town wrote:You don't get a passing grade in chemistry, regardless of your result, if you blow yourself.
Maybe not, but that'll probably get you a passing grade in yoga.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
lyze
Errant Scholar

Post by lyze »

God damnit, just like an academic.