2010-09-13: Avoiding Conflict

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Re: 2010-09-13: Avoiding Conflict

Post by ChunLing »

Faking illness? I'm not sure it's really new.
Kill...more...elves.
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

I think Meji used this tactic here because I'm sure she feels safe enough that she won't be killed on sight, unlike Ian with the Elves, who would auto-kill him just because of his race.
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop ('you forced me to do this') to some extent, but as it goes on the surface and my general feelings as to her character vis a vis the ongoing development I continue to be very proud of her. I hope stopping Ian is fairly high up on her checklist though. She seems to be delaying it, but for very good reasons (brain burning up and regenerating or re-something).

I wonder if the specops will speculate she's playing possum, but probably not. Still, they're fairly smart to check the log on their engagement so far.
Also, calling her 'target' wasn't very diplomatic, or even smart, though Meji seems to be tolerating her. I don't know enough about this, but I guess these specops specialize in taking down threats or securing objectives rather than the units trained for securing people that are merely potentially hostile rather than likely hostile or above.

And of course, kudos to whoever denied a proactive kinetic response (if that's what its called).