2010-09-27: This is a bad idea.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
TheShadowAvatar
Forum Regular

Re: 2010-09-27: This is a bad idea.

Post by TheShadowAvatar »

Boss Out of Town wrote:More brains than the rest of the Tsairaki, Elvish, and Veracian leadership combined.
It's kind of refreshing to see competent leadership around every once in a while isn't it.
SkArcher
Errant Scholar

Post by SkArcher »

Sarine is calculating how best to use the councilman's statement to her advantage (and where the traps are).

Sara is calculating how best to kill everyone in the room (and where the traps are).

Jon is not calculating, he's actually doing something sensible - he's refusing gramps "plea". If someone comes to you with a begging manner like this, it means they want you to do something horribly dangerous for little to no reward and are going to try and bilk you into it by any means possible.

Jon is, as ever, on the ball.
Aajav-Khan
Forum Regular

Post by Aajav-Khan »

TheShadowAvatar wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:More brains than the rest of the Tsairaki, Elvish, and Veracian leadership combined.
It's kind of refreshing to see competent leadership around every once in a while isn't it.
Amen. My respect of the old guy is reaching higher and higher levels.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

No comment on the fairly noticeable hole in Jon's door, I see.

So, what kind of help is Gramps asking for here? I see two basic possibilities. They want the gang to talk to them, or they want the gang to go talk to Ian.

The most likely scenario is that they want the gang to explain things so that they can then make an "informed" decision about whether to have them go talk to Ian, and whether Meji is still part of the gang.

If I were Gramps I'd put Meji on the back-burner for once, take that implied offer of a "valid medical excuse" (or wrest it out of Yukiri at Yuuki-point) and sell Meji the "you really do need a break today" (with a bit of, "I'm sorry for pushing so hard" as a side-dish). Let her take some time off in a nice villa with a bit of scenic woodland by a small lake (or, you know, some equally not-in-the-city-itself kind of location). Send in the gang with a message to Ian that Meji is rather indisposed, and that only he possesses the necessary information to treat her.

Wing it from there. Hope that all that BS sold to both the insane demi-godlings turns out to be true.

However, I am not Gramps. Ergo, this is probably not what he intends.
Kill...more...elves.
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

If I were Gramps I'd put Meji on the back-burner for once
Gramps needs flaws, besides blowing up ambassadors. I think he's not going to do that.
And you know what? I doubt it'd be a problem. They need Meji. They need to come to some sort of agreement with her, if anything they need to emotionally anchor her. She gets some stability back, they get some way out of the mess they're in.
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Well, since (as I already mentioned) I am not Gramps, and thus do not have any interest in the happiness or prosperity of Meji or Tsuiraku as such, the continuation of merry adventures in the direction of ever increasing chaos and destruction is what I actually personally favor as well.
Kill...more...elves.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

ChunLing wrote:Well, since (as I already mentioned) I am not Gramps
Your constant denials are useless! We all know you really are Gramps! Why can't you just admit it!?
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Because it's not true. I am also disinclined to hope for the future happiness of Meji, Tsuiraku, and humanity in general.
Kill...more...elves.
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

In gleaning at the comic a second time and seeing Jon and Sara's portraits together, I finally notice how horribly similar they are, I just wish I could see them interact more.
I wonder if Sarine has siblings...
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

So... These Magical Girl Scout cookies... are they made with real girl scouts? If so, I'll take a dozen.