2010-11-01: Landing

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-11-01: Landing

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Landing
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2010-11-01: Landing

Post by Nell »

Wow. Seeing the armour on the battlemages makes me wonder whether Poe is some kind of masochist...
...at first I was just refering to his distaste for drawing armour but I realize the design is thought provoking as well.
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Only one of the commanding members seem to know their priorities... Determining the grandness of ancient Elven dust is paramount for a successful mission.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Okay, is there a spell that causes rapid but not instantaneous freezing of the target with attendant massive cellular damage from the formation of ice crystals before significant loss of sensation in the affected nerves?

Because I definitely want to see that happen to Mr. "Stay Frosty, Everyone."
Kill...more...elves.
Aajav-Khan
Forum Regular

Post by Aajav-Khan »

That helmet style reminds me of something. Hhhmm...oh yes! The Crimson Guard from G.I Joe! Cooobraaaa!
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

ChunLing wrote:Because I definitely want to see that happen to Mr. "Stay Frosty, Everyone."
Obviously a variation of "stay cool!" and a term used even when I was wearing green. ;)
It's really good that the LZ wasn't hot. I thought that it would be. OTOH, this means that the gate has been sealed and long forgotten, even by those that live there.

Blind-siding Ian?

Note: NaNoWriMo starts today and I won't be around much this month.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
the_leander
New Poster

Post by the_leander »

Slamlander wrote:
ChunLing wrote:Because I definitely want to see that happen to Mr. "Stay Frosty, Everyone."
Obviously a variation of "stay cool!" and a term used even when I was wearing green. ;)
It put me in mind of a Scene from Aliens as the marines moved into the nest in the air processor.

"Stay frosty, people"

<tap tap tap tap tap>

All we need now is for one of the heliomancers to be called Hudson and we're set :D
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Rakshasa Taisab wrote:Only one of the commanding members seem to know their priorities... Determining the grandness of ancient Elven dust is paramount for a successful mission.
I'm pretty sure that was Jon commenting on the dust. It looks like his silhouette, and is precisely the sort of thing he'd be likely to say.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

What Mr. "Stay Frosty" needs is for someone to start acting like Hudson, for only thereby might I be persuaded to forgo my desire to see his ironic demise (mainly in favor of witnessing the consequences of our putative Mr. "not-so-frosty"'s adventures in lack of discipline).

Given that there are only three commanding officers, and the other two are obviously not Jon, I would say that last observation is spot on.
Kill...more...elves.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Sareth wrote:
Rakshasa Taisab wrote:Only one of the commanding members seem to know their priorities... Determining the grandness of ancient Elven dust is paramount for a successful mission.
I'm pretty sure that was Jon commenting on the dust. It looks like his silhouette, and is precisely the sort of thing he'd be likely to say.
Jon is one of the commanding team members...