2010-11-11: Chapter Forty-Seven Commentary

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Re: 2010-11-11: Chapter Forty-Seven Commentary

Post by ChunLing »

Hah, they look just how I feel.
Kill...more...elves.
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

Mrrrrrrrr. Not that I'm not glad to see Misa but I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
CptNerd
Forum Regular
Twitter @: CptNerd

Post by CptNerd »

Sleepy Sara is sexy and cute.
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-11-11: Chapter Forty-Seven Commentary

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Chapter Forty-Seven Commentary
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

I never did see the point behind decaffe :x
And I'd claim the discount and still have full-test. Health Ins companies are crooks-with-guns anyway.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Fun facts from this comic:

- Sara is wearing a close approximation of the robe that I bought Poe for Halloween. He went as Arthur Dent, and has since developed an unhealthy fondness for wandering around with the robe over his clothes and a cat tucked in the crook of his arm.

- It seems that Poe may be slightly annoyed with me, as I have in fact been weaning him off his addiction to caffeine. He's down to only a little under two cans of soda a day from his previous ability to consume a two-liter in that time, so I think we're making progress. We were down to one can, but he kept making cute misery faces and running through entire lists of sugary things that he wanted, so I caved and agreed to get him off the soda more slowly.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Misa's last apparence in the comic alive? Can't be for no reason she gets a bit of face time now...

Funny, was drinking with someone called Misa not long ago... Though she was neither tall nor elf. ;)
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

This is simultaneously cracktastic and adorable. Sleepy couple are cute... ... Did i just call them a couple?

I'm strangely comfortable with that.
KojiroTakenashi
New Poster

Post by KojiroTakenashi »

Impy:

Weening off Soda is a difficult process, I know because I have to thanks to Doctor's (INCREDIBLY NECESSARY) orders I avoid caffeine like the plague after 5:00. Luckily, I was already undergoing the process of weaning myself off soda...but not caffeine. The first step was to use things like sweet tea. For one, it gets you caffeine, but its good for you!

The next step is simply fresh fruit smoothies made with fruit chunks, ice, and a blender. You pack a few scoops of various fruit in there, and its not only delicious but it satisfies the cravings soda can give you that aren't associated with caffeine. Eventually the natural and healthy energy boost you get from the smoothies (I use B12 droplets if I'm in a pinch and need to get going FAST) will replace the spot in your mind that caffeine formerly occupied.

Try it on him!
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

It seems the sugar is actually the main problem for him... he can deal with the caffeine so long as he maintains some in his system, but he goes crazy about the sugar. He doesn't like artificial sweeteners (and these days, neither do I), but the amount of sugar he wants is really bad for him. He won't drink coffee or tea, but he'll go through fruit juice as though it were water. Except that it isn't water, even the 100% juice is extremely sugary, and not good for him to consume in such quantities. Don't even get me started on his sorbet obsession, because god knows he totally needs super saturated sugar solutions in addition to juice and soda.

My caffeine addiction is much lower key, as all told I probably drink about two cups of coffee a day. Granted, that's spaced out in about six cups of coffee with milk, but I have managed over the last year to go from artificial sweetener to lots of sugar to moderate sugar only in the first cup, to mixing decaf beans in with regular to reduce the caffeine content. I'm not totally switching to decaf, though, having a very small amount of caffeine actually helps the mood stability and focus. I'm also never giving up the milk. You can pry the dairy out of my cold dead hands.

I'd try him on the smoothies, but we don't own a blender and are kinda not buying things if we can help it in an effort to save up and fix the fucking kitchen (which is a whole different topic that you enter into at your peril). I have a whole list of small kitchen appliances that I desperately want and would certainly use but that I cannot have because there is no place to put them away: blender, food processor, stand mixer... In my plans for the Glorious Kitchen Revolution, I actually have the entire organization scheme plotted out and know exactly where everything would go.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.