2010-11-11: Chapter Forty-Seven Commentary

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2010-11-11: Chapter Forty-Seven Commentary

Post by Nell »

-_- railing back the derailment for a second.

...are we getting a filler on saturday as well or an actual comic? :/
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Yeah...I mean I hate to sound insensitive or anything but not everyone in the world has the luxury of being able to experience caffeine and sugar addictions.

Oh, who am I kidding :lol:
I'm sure that my life would suck a lot more if I was hooked on colas and shit...or maybe it would have all mercifully ended by now.
Kill...more...elves.
Nell
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Nell »

I go to therapy for internet/gaming addiction. I have the dubious luck of knowing about addictions.

All I can say is if you have an addiction, I'd probably keep you alive and eat into you rather than get you to kill yourself.

Also, fucking unrelated but I can't sleep because I'm pissed.
Some homeless lady walks into the pharmacy where I'm sitting waiting for my antidepressants, walks up to me and asks for a dollar for a meal at mcdonalds.
I reach into my pocket and she starts talking about "Maybe two, three or five bucks she'd need to get a meal"

I fork a second one.

She wants more. I tell her I'll go with her to a food outlet and buy her a meal after paying for my meds. She tells me I don't need to.

I tell her I have no cash, she tells me there's an ATM in the store.

I am too weak willed to fucking beat her teeth in at this point, I take my meds, she follows me to the cash and I just ask the cashier to charge me 3 bucks extra ontop of the cost of my meds and give them to her.

Cashier asks if I know her, I tell her no, and she tells the homeless lady not to come in and harass customers. Tells me I don't have to, I tell her it's ok.

She gets her money and storms off swearing. I get told of how I should never give to the homeless cause they always buy drugs with it.

I FUCKING HATE THE HOMELESS. I could be in a crowd of a thousand people, they still fucking pinpoint me! i must look like fucking Mother Theresa or like a complete spineless moron, which I fucking must be. I feel like I got fucking mugged.

I am so pissed at how much I'm seeing in hindsight that I can't sleep. Fuck my life. Do I just need to start being openly hostile towards strangers now? I need to ask these people if I have "GOOD NATURED IMBECILE" tattoed to my forehead.
Precursor of wall-o-text post avalanches.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

There will be Errant Commentary instead of the regular infodumps, as is the custom.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Imp-Chan wrote:The irony of both Poe and I being in the category of people who should not abuse caffeine when our studio is NAMED for the stuff has not escaped me.
I'm not sure if this is actually irony or false advertising. Then again, I absorb enough caffeine daily to more than make up for you two. Unfortunately, my central nervous system is virtually dependent on stimulants to keep me functioning due to a gross mis-medication in my youth. While I may not have had ADD when they started me on massive regular doses of ritalin (here's a clue, potential parents - smart children who are bored and unchallenged present most of the same signs as those with ADD) I suspect I do have it NOW - thanks to dumping massive amounts of stimulants into my forming brain. Caffeine keeps me focused and helps me stay on task.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Painrunner
Forum Regular

Post by Painrunner »

Imp-Chan wrote:The irony of both Poe and I being in the category of people who should not abuse caffeine when our studio is NAMED for the stuff has not escaped me.
Wait wasn't using irony and sarcasm one of the most used techniques of protesting about a situation you're in that you don't like but can't really do anything about?

I.E.: Want coffee, ... can't have coffee, ... coffee bad for me, ... sucks to be me then
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

I thought it was just a comment on the addictive and stimulating nature of their products.

Nell, love your story. Yes, you would definitely be the one eaten alive by those with addictions.

Here's how you deal with a homeless person without being "mean" or being a pushover.

Pretend to be a Christian.

Keep some pamphlets for a local church (hopefully one that has some kind of outreach program for the homeless) on you, and practice the "you need more than a hand-out, you need a hand-up" speech. Be prepared to segue into a fervent expression of how important the spiritual life is, and how meaning and purpose are the real hunger, and all that.

Alternatively, you can pretend to be a social worker. Same basic plan, different literature and spiel.

For extra points, you can pretend to be a Mormon social worker. There are Mormons almost everywhere but nobody knows much about them, so it's easy to pull off.

If they don't run away, then give them a pamphlet and express your hope to see them soon.
Kill...more...elves.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

By the way, these also work if you really are a Christian/social worker.
Kill...more...elves.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Viking-Sensei wrote:
I'm not sure if this is actually irony or false advertising.
Situational irony.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
DT777
Forum Regular

Post by DT777 »

Viking-Sensei wrote:
I'm not sure if this is actually irony or false advertising. Then again, I absorb enough caffeine daily to more than make up for you two. Unfortunately, my central nervous system is virtually dependent on stimulants to keep me functioning due to a gross mis-medication in my youth. While I may not have had ADD when they started me on massive regular doses of ritalin (here's a clue, potential parents - smart children who are bored and unchallenged present most of the same signs as those with ADD) I suspect I do have it NOW - thanks to dumping massive amounts of stimulants into my forming brain. Caffeine keeps me focused and helps me stay on task.
I have the exact opposite problem. I have ADHD but I was never medicated. Maybe self-medicated through large doses of caffeine, because that certainly helped keep me focused. Nowadays I try to avoid drinking too much soda, mostly because my family has a history of Diabetes. Would not be fun to find out that I half-killed my pancreas on a continuous sugar overdose.

Still have a problem focusing though.