2010-12-06: Killing the Pitcher

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Nyerguds
Forum Regular

Re: 2010-12-06: Killing the Pitcher

Post by Nyerguds »

lol, everybody called it.

But... is it me or are they all slightly too late? Looks like they already threw them...
stellar
Forum Trainee

Post by stellar »

Nyerguds wrote:lol, everybody called it.

But... is it me or are they all slightly too late? Looks like they already threw them...
Well even if a few explosives manage to hit Ian, one would think having the time ninjas appear in the middle of the attacking elves to wreck havoc should be enough distraction for him to recover from the ill effects.

And .... a dismembered elf fore-arm floating in the air. I feel vindicated.

AWESOMENESS.
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-12-06: Killing the Pitcher

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Killing the Pitcher
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Those aren't explosives, they nullify all magic (i.e. psionic wave-form manipulation) in the area of effect. True, that doesn't mean much if the elves are unable to capitalize on Ian falling out of the air and dropping his shields, but it is an important distinction anyway.
Kill...more...elves.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Not to mention that last time they hit him with these things, they chopped him up and blew up the pieces, and as soon as the inanare(sp?) effect wore off, he still got back up again.

I'm starting to think some kind of black hole or similar complete stasis effect is the only thing that could really keep him down.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

There's been all sorts of speculation throughout the years about those not-so-innocent warnings back in the very beginning of the comic about not messing with necromancy OR time magic, and it seems like we've got both together now in one convenient package... a package that is about to have a couple of anti-magic grenades tossed into it. I'm assuming this may possibly "unanimate" the dead, but even moreso, I'm wondering what's going to happen to the time ninjas... like, what happens if only some of their body is in the blast radius and slows down? Or what happens if you're already moving at X speed... and your magically-enhanced abilities to react and compensate at X speed suddenly fail you?
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

The foreshadowing Meji dream seems to suggest more universe-effecting sideeffects of time-magic, so I'm not really that much in favor of some weird zombie-necromanver-overlord coming to rule them all.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Ugh. Welcome to 20th Century warfare. It isn't glamorous, just randomly gory.

When a human acquires deific powers, his or her weak spot is the human mind serving as the CPU for those powers. Reaction time is software as well as hardware, and no matter how hyper-powerful the entity's senses or inhuman its mechanical reaction time, you should still be able to get a jump on it by presenting it with a active choice or unusual situation. Cf Captain Kirk, Captain America, and that guy Will Smith played in Independence Day.

That said, I hope these people are doing this to cover a retreat. Otherwise, this is stil kind of pointless. He's had time to think up a coping mechanism for the anti-magic grenades.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Boss Out of Town wrote:He's had time to think up a coping mechanism for the anti-magic grenades.
Unless, of course, his coping mechanism involves time ninjas and zombies. Remember, this technically IS his Plan B.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

The area of effect on those grenades isn't very far, and those that just dropped at the feet of those with arms severed means the elven mages in the area are going to be next to useless (if they aren't already dead) except as expensive foot soldiers. Oh, and healing magic won't be able to work to stop their spurting arteries before they expire.

Also, considering they only had a few left the last time Ian visited, it looks like they brought them into mass-production again.

Meanwhile, I wonder what Sarine and Co. are up to?