2010-12-16: I Think I kind of Want to Throw Up.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-12-16: I Think I kind of Want to Throw Up.

Post by The Comment Golem »

Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Re: 2010-12-16: I Think I kind of Want to Throw Up.

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Kudos to Poe for depicting a truly alien culture.

Sarine is actually responding to a zombie as though it were a emotional and moral abomination, a corruption of the very idea of humanity . . . as opposed to being a running cultural gag and gross-out joke that everyone's in on.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
stellar
Forum Trainee

Post by stellar »

Agreed. It's exactly the sort of response I'd expect to see in a world where undead would be a very real and rather disgusting affront to the living. Judging from Sarine's reaction and that of the few others that have expressed anything upon encountering the zombies, necromancy doesn't seem to be something that many people have witnessed first hand or even heard of. I can certainly understand such a perspective.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

What I'm surprized at is that, twenty minutes later, being chased by Ian, the elf still breathes.

or is it gonna be "Sara, front and center!"
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
darlid01
New Poster

Post by darlid01 »

I don't think the elf is getting chased by Ian. There's a shadow of a person on the ridge up there. Probably one of the time monks?
ratfox
Forum Regular

Post by ratfox »

I don't think the elf is talking of an ensigerum, because they are probably too careful to be seen. And if Ian had wanted him dead, he would be dead. So I'm gonna go and assume that the elf has flipped and is seeing invisible unicorns.

By the way, it probably should be an f instead of a k in the mouse-over... Though the idea of Sarine on all four and barking has a certain appeal... Hmmm... Excuse me for a sec...
Seth
Forum Trainee

Post by Seth »

Couldn't be Ian, because he could just vaporize the elf and be done with it. Couldn't be a time monk, because they kill 20 elves per minute rather than the other way around.

Yay for ominous shadows!

And ugh. Every time I see Elis now, he reads in the voice of Cero from Cardcaptor Sakura's english dub.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Maybe this is the much-anticipated "something they've never seen before"?
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Lurker 314
Forum Regular

Post by Lurker 314 »

That last frame is something of a clue I think. As I see it, we still haven't seen whoever is starting the fires. Monks can't be bothered, zombies don't burn naturally, and Ian is busy playing bait. I'm guessing a being made of plasma (in other words, a fire elemental) and held together by god juice and hate. We might be seeing the creature in the last frame. In any case, some sort of creature that either is really hot or spits/shoots hot stuff.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Great. Something the elves have never seen before shows up, and we can't see it.

The Heliomancers are all thinking, "If she doesn't know what that thing on the ground is, how does she know that this 'survivor' isn't one of them?"
Kill...more...elves.