2010-12-20: He goes fast.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2010-12-20: He goes fast.

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for He goes fast.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Re: 2010-12-20: He goes fast.

Post by Slamlander »

Said monk is probably off to report the party. Then *they* will attack.

I have been expecting Sara and the Imperatrix to fight a duel towards the end of the story. Sort of like Sarine and Sarne only nowhere near as emo. Oh, and I expect Sara to win ;)
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Dallen Andair
Errant Scholar

Post by Dallen Andair »

Insufferably arrogant time monks vs tsurirakan special forces. Lets go!
Yenhael: Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein!
Ian: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

You know, speaking of Goes Fast (which the Ensignerum's pants must be made of), wouldn't asking Kawaii just to "fly through his face really fast" be a good opening volley? I mean, the fairies are pretty much invulnerable self-propelled self-guided projectiles... why not use them as such? As the very least she could annoy him enough to let someone else make the killing shot.

Methinks there may be a bit of a Superman Problem here with having the fairies on our team.
Last edited by Forrest on December 20th, 2010, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
raphfrk
Forum Regular

Post by raphfrk »

Forrest wrote:You know, speaking of Goes Fast (which the Ensignerum's pants must be made of), would asking Kawaii just to "fly through his face really fast" be a good opening volley?
OTOH, they aren't exactly soldiers. Kawaii could react badly to being told to kill someone in cold blood.

The only example of her killing someone is when she was accidentally swallowed. Nookie seems more likely to be willing to kill (though that could be just bluster)

Another point, "goes fast" suggests that she can actually see him move, rather than just instantly appear at his destination. (Though maybe that is true for other characters).

Finally, it would seem that they can only do small hops with time magic. Otherwise, the elf couldn't out run his pursuer.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

raphfrk wrote:Finally, it would seem that they can only do small hops with time magic. Otherwise, the elf couldn't out run his pursuer.
That's actually a really good point - have we ever officially established a time limit to how long the Ensignerum can stay (to borrow a term from Kamen Rider here) "clocked up" before they die of old age/explode/starve to death/run out of magic?
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

A new challenger has arrived!

(well, more the party than the Ensigerum monk. I very much doubt they're foolish enough in general not to simply report.)

Jon is being caring.

And Nookie has killed people, in self defense at Senilis' home.

Also the elf might just have broken cover/hiding place when he saw this group of non-hostiles approaching.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Wonder if the recon monk will recognize Sara?...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
ratfox
Forum Regular

Post by ratfox »

Well, Whaddaya know? It actually was a monk, and they were unable to stay out of sight.
I wonder if Tsuiraku have these "reactive shield effects", it sure could come handy now.
But Sara should be able to deal with him, since she is implied to be actually good, and not just a damn magic-using tool.
...About how to tell Kawaii to kill him, that's in the mouse ouver :lol:
mmx
One Post Wonder

Post by mmx »

Forrest wrote:You know, speaking of Goes Fast (which the Ensignerum's pants must be made of), would asking Kawaii just to "fly through his face really fast" be a good opening volley? I mean, the fairies are pretty much invulnerable self-propelled self-guided projectiles... why not use them as such? As the very least she could annoy him enough to let someone else make the killing shot.

Methinks there may be a bit of a Superman Problem here with having the fairies on our team.
You know, I always wondered if Kawaii wasn't the the one who originally taught arms and combat to the elves. Her outfit (bikini plate???) is about right for that, I think.