2007-11-23 right... that...

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Killjoy
Forum Regular

2007-11-23 right... that...

Post by Killjoy »

Looks like we're going to find out what Ian wanted in that temple.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Re: [2007-11-23] right... that...

Post by DatDude »

shes older then she looks. Damn their goes my idea about the side effects of time magic.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

DatDude wrote:shes older then she looks. Damn their goes my idea about the side effects of time magic.
Hmph. "I'm older than I look" is the mantra of any attractive-but-no-longer-young woman. The only difference with Anita is that most say it silently, hoping that their admirers will take up the chant and do it out loud with the opposite spin -- "she's still a babe." But few people are as sure of themselves as Anita is...

Interesting, though, that after a thousand years of relative stability and prosperity, the resentment is still there. You'd think the Ensigerum village was in the Balkans or something.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
runic
Errant Scholar

Post by runic »

Graybeard wrote:
DatDude wrote:shes older then she looks. Damn their goes my idea about the side effects of time magic.
Hmph. "I'm older than I look" is the mantra of any attractive-but-no-longer-young woman. The only difference with Anita is that most say it silently, hoping that their admirers will take up the chant and do it out loud with the opposite spin -- "she's still a babe." But few people are as sure of themselves as Anita is...

Interesting, though, that after a thousand years of relative stability and prosperity, the resentment is still there. You'd think the Ensigerum village was in the Balkans or something.
i will point out the fact that while the order was secure the singular failing to the wraiths led to a mass slaughter that has just gotten started. appearantly they are that bored.

interesting, all that power and he won't just rip the thoughts from her mind her gauge her sincerity. although he is treating her sales pitch as just that, and is deciding how much to tell her, i don't think he bus her reasoning for hating the elves. i don't either, i mean most americans can coexist with british folk that i've seen and that was less than 300 years ago.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

yea but the elves that ordered that slaughter are still alive. That im sure matters a ton
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

runic wrote:
Graybeard wrote:

i will point out the fact that while the order was secure the singular failing to the wraiths led to a mass slaughter that has just gotten started. appearantly they are that bored.

interesting, all that power and he won't just rip the thoughts from her mind her gauge her sincerity. although he is treating her sales pitch as just that, and is deciding how much to tell her, i don't think he bus her reasoning for hating the elves. i don't either, i mean most americans can coexist with british folk that i've seen and that was less than 300 years ago.
The humans were more of an oppressed minority, though, and a lot of oppressed minorities all over the world still hate the people who oppressed them, whether they live nearby or not.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

And now, a brief "ES Deleted Scene"
Anita : "But yes, ages ago, the order served the elves in various capacities... even fighting each other, if it provided them with amusement or an easy means of solving their own petty disputes."
Ian : "...like what?"
Anita : "Er... well, after the gods had left the elves, the different tribes of elves started arguing about bits of dogma they'd neglected to sort out with the gods before they buggered off. The worst one was about the hats."
Ian : (looks confused) Hats?
Anita : (sighs) Oh yes, the hats. Before the ancient elven gods retired, they left a handful of cryptic instructions to their most devout followers. Most were simple... "Don't make a super-powerful set of magic rings with one master ring to control all of them, be kind to your cookie-making treebound cousins, don't start any genocidal wars attempting to purge your half-breed offspring, if a fat man in a red suit shows up run away before he makes you make toys; that sort of thing.
Ian : "Uh huh."
Anita : "Some were less direct, and are often considered 'Elf-pocripha' by the religious elders. The worst part was the Divine Book of Habi-dai-shori, which featured eighty-four different clases of hats and which situations they must be worn under."
Ian : "You're making this up."
Anita : "Am not."
Ian : "Are too."
Anita : "Am not. Haven't you ever wondered why the high elven priests, as well as several of the human clergy, all have those big hats?"
Ian : (Raises eyebrow) "I... suppose. I never really noticed."
Anita : "Well, they do."
Ian : "So what was the dispute about?"
Anita : "The historical records indicate that the last great elven conflict before the Errant Wars was started by a dispute amonst the ancient elven races over what color the hats were supposed to be."
Ian : "That's it, I'm leaving."
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
runic
Errant Scholar

Post by runic »

Viking-Sensei wrote:And now, a brief "ES Deleted Scene"
Anita : "But yes, ages ago, the order served the elves in various capacities... even fighting each other, if it provided them with amusement or an easy means of solving their own petty disputes."
Ian : "...like what?"
Anita : "Er... well, after the gods had left the elves, the different tribes of elves started arguing about bits of dogma they'd neglected to sort out with the gods before they buggered off. The worst one was about the hats."
Ian : (looks confused) Hats?
Anita : (sighs) Oh yes, the hats. Before the ancient elven gods retired, they left a handful of cryptic instructions to their most devout followers. Most were simple... "Don't make a super-powerful set of magic rings with one master ring to control all of them, be kind to your cookie-making treebound cousins, don't start any genocidal wars attempting to purge your half-breed offspring, if a fat man in a red suit shows up run away before he makes you make toys; that sort of thing.
Ian : "Uh huh."
Anita : "Some were less direct, and are often considered 'Elf-pocripha' by the religious elders. The worst part was the Divine Book of Habi-dai-shori, which featured eighty-four different clases of hats and which situations they must be worn under."
Ian : "You're making this up."
Anita : "Am not."
Ian : "Are too."
Anita : "Am not. Haven't you ever wondered why the high elven priests, as well as several of the human clergy, all have those big hats?"
Ian : (Raises eyebrow) "I... suppose. I never really noticed."
Anita : "Well, they do."
Ian : "So what was the dispute about?"
Anita : "The historical records indicate that the last great elven conflict before the Errant Wars was started by a dispute amonst the ancient elven races over what color the hats were supposed to be."
Ian : "That's it, I'm leaving."
thus do we love poe
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

runic wrote:
Viking-Sensei wrote:And now, a brief "ES Deleted Scene"
That stuff what I made up.
thus do we love poe
Perhaps I should put a disclaimer on it, as in "And now, a brief "ES Deleted Scene that I made Up because it was Funny".
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Disclaimers are the American way, as is providing proof of the need for them. ;)

Disclaimer: This post is solely intended to activate the notification system. No other purpose should be construed hereby.
Last edited by Slamlander on November 25th, 2007, 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.