2011-02-03: Interrupting

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Re: 2011-02-03: Interrupting

Post by Forrest »

Called it!
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2011-02-03: Interrupting

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Interrupting
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Forrest wrote:Called it!
You win the pool

*hands Forrest a big, shiny, no-prize* ;)

I love Bani's reaction in the first two panels; Classic double-take. :D
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Brellchild
New Poster

Post by Brellchild »

I hope he tells that loader drone to stop before it takes that load of bombs over the edge of the ship.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Interesting how Bani's habitual easy familiarity spoils Meji's big entrance for a moment. But only for a moment.

So, rather than scrambling the carriers to catch Meji, Meji has decided to scramble to catch them. For what purpose this time? "Bani, I need to borrow Rape-kun, I have a plan!" Or is she just screwing around like when she went to check on whether she was getting an 'A' on her final? Oh, poor Bani. But Poe was totally joking about your future self being a scorched skeleton, right?
Kill...more...elves.
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

I think she's planning to bring backup.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Or maybe we'll all be very, VERY lucky and Meji just wants some good bye sex.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Sareth wrote:Or maybe we'll all be very, VERY lucky and Meji just wants some good bye sex.
We can only hope and pray. Fervently.
RGE
Errant Scholar

Post by RGE »

Brellchild wrote:I hope he tells that loader drone to stop before it takes that load of bombs over the edge of the ship.
Last time I checked, Bani was female. Meji calling her "bitch-ko" is a double clue, since "bitch" usually doesn't refer to a man, and "-ko" is apparently a common ending or add-on for Japanese female names:

"In the past, it was very common and traditional to use the kanji character "ko (a child)" at the end of female names. Empress Michiko, Crown princess Masako, princess Kiko, and Yoko Ono, all end with "ko (子)". If you have a few female Japanese friends, you will probably notice this pattern. In fact, more than 80% of my female relatives and girlfriends have "ko" at the end of their names (including me!)." (source)

Now I'm beginning to wonder when exactly Bani last saw Meji, and how much she knows about what Meji has been up to. Didn't Bani help with the warp gate hijacking that sent Meji and the others to Senelis hideout? I don't remember it too clearly, but if Bani knew that Meji had gone on some kind of 'secret mission' like that, you'd think she'd offer more of an initial reaction when Meji returns, flying or not. Then again, maybe the military life has her brain on autopilot.
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

I think he was referring to the guy in the background also operating a loader who seems to be calling the two of them. I don't think any back-up will be very significant at Meji's current power level.