2011-02-07: Know Stuff.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Re: 2011-02-07: Know Stuff.

Post by ChunLing »

Ah, right...then it isn't even laziness, just the cultural bias of the elves. The property of belonging to the Ensigerum is something that the elves assign to certain humans, there is nothing about the humans themselves that would merit referring to one as if belonging to the Ensigerum were somehow a defining characteristic of that human. There are no humans who are called "Ensigerum". Just ones that belong to the Ensigerum.
Kill...more...elves.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

ChunLing wrote:Ah, right...then it isn't even laziness, just the cultural bias of the elves. The property of belonging to the Ensigerum is something that the elves assign to certain humans, there is nothing about the humans themselves that would merit referring to one as if belonging to the Ensigerum were somehow a defining characteristic of that human. There are no humans who are called "Ensigerum". Just ones that belong to the Ensigerum.
This actually seems a reasonable explanation.

Additionally: the plural is now 'time monks.' Or time monkeys, if you're being derogatory.
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
gambit3le wrote:I wonder why Meji didn't bother with the sleeves she normally wears?
Might be now that she's all powerful and more grown up, she no longer feels the need to protect herself with excess clothing and hair.
Great point.

And thanks Forrest, I was just confused by the hole in the roof looking like a portal to me.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Rabid time monkeys. Of the sodomizing variety, if you want to be crude.

I think that now that Meji is "all powerful and more grown up", she thinks it will be inconvenient to rebuild her sleeves every time she disintegrates them with a massive energy bolt.
Kill...more...elves.