2011-03-10: Please stop hugging the enemy.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2011-03-10: Please stop hugging the enemy.

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Please stop hugging the enemy.
Painrunner
Forum Regular

Re: 2011-03-10: Please stop hugging the enemy.

Post by Painrunner »

What a confusing feeling it must be, hostiles, kill 'm all, ... oh wait they're friendly.
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

Yay, Misa survives.
And she's apparently getting to do Actual Stuff these days (viriador indeed...)

what a wonderful new world.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

hehe, Now we know how effective Yuuki staves are :) I was always wondering about how effective Heliomancers would be against Viradiors. Now we know; they can detect invisible elves and blast them. ;)

The elves, in turn, keep exhibiting the same arrogance that they've had throughout this story. They simply fail to acknowlege the fact that they are no longer the baddest on the block, or even the corner. Elven invisibility doesn't work anymore when Elves aren't the only ones with real magic. They've just turned the corner into the land of Pathetic.

When something stops working; stop trying and go to something else!

Oh yeah, Ozymandias, this story is all about the errancy of arrogance, isn't it? :\
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Anthony
Errant Scholar

Post by Anthony »

I think we can just call it stupidity, not arrogance. It just doesn't pay to sneak up on soldiers (unless, in fact, you're planning to attack them) -- they react violently. Apparently Sarine's failure to kill her last time didn't teach Misa anything.
Panzerkit
New Poster

Post by Panzerkit »

Yay, we get to see Misa again, and alive!

And Viradior armor is not so cute
Hey, with ultimate power comes ultimate goals man
ratfox
Forum Regular

Post by ratfox »

Well, to be fair, what they tried would work on almost anybody else...
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

Saw that coming. I don't think we've ever seen the monks use invisibility before, so it figures they were trying to escape. hope they can help the poor schmoe who got waxed. I figure the heliomancers should have a combat medic with them who could help undo some of the damage they just did. They need to get a sitrep from the viradors to figure out their best plan of action from here on in.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Anthony wrote:I think we can just call it stupidity, not arrogance. It just doesn't pay to sneak up on soldiers (unless, in fact, you're planning to attack them) -- they react violently. Apparently Sarine's failure to kill her last time didn't teach Misa anything.
Uh, that wasn't Misa doing the sneaking this time. Dying elf is the sneak, Misa was trying to heal.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

ratfox wrote:Well, to be fair, what they tried would work on almost anybody else...
But they were too arrogant to note that these were Tsuirakuans. It's not like Elves hadn't seen Heliomancers in action before, during the Vercian conflict. Besides, I don't think it would have worked on Ensigerum either.
mindstalk wrote:Uh, that wasn't Misa doing the sneaking this time. Dying elf is the sneak, Misa was trying to heal.
I agree.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?