2011-03-14: Escape Plan Fail

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2011-03-14: Escape Plan Fail

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Escape Plan Fail
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Re: 2011-03-14: Escape Plan Fail

Post by Slamlander »

Ahh, the healing torture ;) Getting healed can hurt more than the original injury and said elf looks burnt to a faretheewell. The grimace would be well deserved there :P

Observations:
  • Escape Tunnels = Death traps
  • Misa has gained the battlefield promotion to Viradior.
  • First Division is toast already.
  • The Viradior leader is also the victim of Battlefield promotion and is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
  • Tsuiraku is about to gain a bunch of refugees.
  • This 'List' stuff is borked!
Edit:Thanks GB
Last edited by Slamlander on March 15th, 2011, 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Minor admin thing before getting to content:
Slamlander wrote:
Actually, it's not. The problem is that you weren't using it right. To use the "List" feature, you type {List} (using square brackets rather than curly ones), then start each list item with a bracketed bullet, i.e., {*} Item 1, {*} Item 2, {*} etc., then terminate the list with {/List}. The result then looks like
  • Item 1
  • Item 2
  • etc.
You omitted the bullets in brackets.

Anyway, as regards content: One thing I don't get here is: why were the elves using escape tunnels and not the hidden travel platforms? It shouldn't be because they don't know about the platforms; Sarine is one of the youngest elves, after all, and she knew about them. Of course, the average elf appears to be a considerably dimmer bulb than Sarine, but all it would take would be one. Seems like an odd logical glitch here; if they've decided to evacuate, they should be using all resources at their disposal.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

Perhaps the elves haven't used the old travel platforms because they weren't sure where they'd end up, or even if they had coordinates of other platforms to send to. Sarine's group could get in because she knew the coordinates of the platform. But the elves under the mountain might not know of any outside platforms other than the one just outside that Sarine transported to originaly, and that might be already overrun by Ian's forces.

The escape tunnels were probably blocked by Ian to make sure that none of the elves escape. It looks like he's going whole hog on this GENOCIDE! thing.
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

thirdt panel
"Sigh... When the it all began, ..." should the "the" a typo? I'm not sure of what it mean here (may be because of my bad english)
Mord
Forum Regular

Post by Mord »

Slamlander wrote:Ahh, the healing torture ;) Getting healed can hurt more than the original injury and said elf looks burnt to a faretheewell. The grimace would be well deserved there :P

Observations:
  • Escape Tunnels = Death traps
  • Misa has gained the battlefield promotion to Viradior.
  • First Division is toast already.
  • The Viradior leader is also the victim of Battlefield promotion and is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
  • Tsuiraku is about to gain a bunch of refugees.
Misa has been a Viradior since she was introduced. http://www.errantstory.com/2006-04-21/502
Anthony
Errant Scholar

Post by Anthony »

Care to guess whether the escape tunnels are blocked off by battle damage, or just because no-one has bothered to maintain them for the last thousand years? As for the travel platforms, I think we have to assume that it wasn't possible to just come through, work on the travel platform, send a message back to Tsuirakushitu, and have them send an army through, or it would have already happened. Given that, it seems equally unlikely that it can be used for mass evacuation.

edit: okay, based on this, sending more squads through was part of the plan, though I assume there's more than a couple of squads worth of fleeing elves.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Anthony wrote:Care to guess whether the escape tunnels are blocked off by battle damage, or just because no-one has bothered to maintain them for the last thousand years? ...
Or they were closed off by something that happened not too many pages ago...
Anthony
Errant Scholar

Post by Anthony »

Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
Anthony wrote:Care to guess whether the escape tunnels are blocked off by battle damage, or just because no-one has bothered to maintain them for the last thousand years? ...
Or they were closed off by something that happened not too many pages ago...
Hm. I don't recall anything specific, what did I miss?
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

Guess I was right. Ian does have the staying power for GENOCIDE! at least.

*sigh* I expect 10% of the elves will survive, a few hundred that is, or maybe just roughly 3%, or right below a hundred (Poe said the number of elves before the first attack was the in the low quadruple digits, which means an average of about 3000.