2007-12-07; Oh, Shutup Ellis!

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

2007-12-07; Oh, Shutup Ellis!

Post by Slamlander »

Now, he answers the speculators!

So it takes a couple of Rangers? But we only saw Rarune with one. I'm with Jon's airship idea.

BTW, I tend to agree with Neko7's idea that all the tech and mage-tech has common roots, except the Dwarven stuff (guns). However, he missed one point; All the elven stuff came from the Gods. The Dwarf stuff might be the only independent tech.
Last edited by Slamlander on December 7th, 2007, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2007-12-07; Shutup Ellis!

Post by BloodHenge »

Meji's face in the last panel looks like it must have been really fun to draw.
cyberjack
Forum Trainee

Post by cyberjack »

Hmmm, There seems to be a lot of prison cells.

I wonder if the glowing round object on the cell door does more than just keep the door closed? Anti-magic field generator to prevent "open lock" spells?

Are the other cells occupied? Will we soon see Meij's neighbours?

Tune in next week, hopefully for some answers ;)
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

That last "No, Jo---" is a nice touch. I can just hear Sarine speaking, in the voice of a tired mother responding to a sugar-wired 8-year-old.

Wonder if Poe had this planned and drawn before the discussion of the previous episode, where the question of interfacing the travel platforms and warp-gate system came up?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

cyberjack wrote:Hmmm, There seems to be a lot of prison cells.

I wonder if the glowing round object on the cell door does more than just keep the door closed? Anti-magic field generator to prevent "open lock" spells?
If the elves were smart, (and we still don't have indisputable proof that they are) they would have created an anti-magic generator encompassing either the cells themselves, or the entire block. (Which might explain why Meji didn't just blast Ellis, instead of telling him to shut up)

So yay!, we see Meji and Ellis for the first time in, oh..... 2 months.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2007-12-07; Oh, Shutup Ellis!

Post by BloodHenge »

Judging by the amount of magic Elves seem to use, would it occur to them to build a jail that didn't suppress magic?
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

They make anti-magic handcuffs. They must make anti-magic jails.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

BloodHenge wrote:Judging by the amount of magic Elves seem to use, would it occur to them to build a jail that didn't suppress magic?
No more than the Tsuirakuans ;) Neither culture would even consider building jails without including magical wards. Magic is simply too prevalent in both of them.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Anti-magic, yes, but obviously not a complete nullification field, or I suspect Ellis would simply be a very confused housecat right about now instead of the smartmouthed wonder that he is once again. So at least hypothetically, while spells and the like are disrupted, the magical energy field whatever isn't completely dissipated.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Actually, I don't get why they left Ellis with Meji at all. The psychological pressure to spill one's guts is a lot easier to resist if one has a friend, even laying aside that the threat to torture that unseen friend is a useful way to add to the pressure. The elves don't seem to have thought this through; wonder what else they missed?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.