2011-04-25: We're Both Reasonable Guys, Right?

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2011-04-25: We're Both Reasonable Guys, Right?

Post by The Comment Golem »

ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Re: 2011-04-25: We're Both Reasonable Guys, Right?

Post by ChunLing »

Ian seems to be forgetting that he hasn't actually filled in Jon on everything the elves have done to him personally, just the general background of why it is not healthy for half-elves to be easy to find.

Still, envisioning "exactly" what Jon would be doing if he were in Ian's shoes, I have to cry some more about how pitifully weak Ian's showing has been in the demi-god of vengeance department.

Really. You're sitting here chatting with your guy-crush while the elves escape? No wonder Jon is having trouble keeping a straight face.
Kill...more...elves.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Hmmm ... How did he get his hands free?

And why are neither Anita nor the Ensigerum guy who captured him reacting to those free hands?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

I'm guessing that Ian freed him. You know, the whole "mage" thing and ropes.
Kill...more...elves.
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

ChunLing wrote:Ian seems to be forgetting that he hasn't actually filled in Jon on everything the elves have done to him personally, just the general background of why it is not healthy for half-elves to be easy to find.
Aside from that one attack way back when before Anilis where the fight leveled half a city, the Elves hadn't actually DONE anything personally to Ian before he started getting up in their grill, so to speak. Ian's blaming the Elves for everything bad that's every happened, whether or not they actually had anything to do with it. Back in the conversation he had with Meji, we saw that he blames them for the death of his family, despite the fact that the only thing the Elves had to do with THAT was let them be born in the first place. Aside from that, the Elves had nothing to do with Ian's mother going totally nuts and killing his sister and herself. The only way the Elves could have stopped it would have been to KILL his mother before she went crazy... which would then have him ranting about that. His arguments and grievances aren't exactly rational any more.
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

If I were Jon, I'd be playing this a bit differently. Sort of along the lines of "Yeah, there are a lot of bad Elves here. I've met some of them. Shot a few along the way, too. And if you were just killing THEM, I'd hold your coat while you went at it. But I've also met a lot of good Elves who are sick about what their race has done and have spent thousands of years trying to stop all this crap, and there are more of them than you might think. Thing is, you're not just killing the bad, you're killing them all, blindly and unthinkingly as they did you half-elves. I think you should be better than they are, and focus on the guilty so the rest can try to make things better. So that's why I'm asking, pretty please, with sugar on it, take a break, OK?"

It wouldn't work, of course; but might slow Ian down a bit...

"Elven booty call?" He thinks Sarine's going to have time for that while trying to save her race from getting ass-kicked into extinction? :shock:
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

eee wrote:If I were Jon, I'd be playing this a bit differently. Sort of along the lines of "Yeah, there are a lot of bad Elves here. I've met some of them. Shot a few along the way, too. And if you were just killing THEM, I'd hold your coat while you went at it. But I've also met a lot of good Elves who are sick about what their race has done and have spent thousands of years trying to stop all this crap, and there are more of them than you might think. Thing is, you're not just killing the bad, you're killing them all, blindly and unthinkingly as they did you half-elves. I think you should be better than they are, and focus on the guilty so the rest can try to make things better. So that's why I'm asking, pretty please, with sugar on it, take a break, OK?"
Yeah.

Is that a random white splotch or incoming baka-fairy?
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

mindstalk wrote:Is that a random white splotch or incoming baka-fairy?
No, that's an action-mark showing that Ian is throwing Jon's arm off his shoulder.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
mediocrates
Forum Regular

Post by mediocrates »

eee wrote:"Elven booty call?" He thinks Sarine's going to have time for that while trying to save her race from getting ass-kicked into extinction? :shock:
A man can dream.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Nothing makes you more horny than the prospect of extinction.