2011-05-30: Chapter Fifty: Far Away

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2011-05-30: Chapter Fifty: Far Away

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Chapter Fifty: Far Away
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Re: 2011-05-30: Chapter Fifty: Far Away

Post by ChunLing »

Whew. I'm glad that all went so very well...I was just a little worried (though I didn't show it).
Kill...more...elves.
raphfrk
Forum Regular

Post by raphfrk »

So, is that supposed to match the tree from the start, and if so is it all a dream :)?
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I seriously doubt this is all a dream, but it's a nice catch on the similarity between the beginning and now. I wonder if Poe meant to do that, or that's just how he draws people leaning against trees.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

raphfrk wrote:So, is that supposed to match the tree from the start, and if so is it all a dream :)?
Well, there are some differences. In the first picture Meji is leaning on a green tree, here she's leaning on a dead tree stump in a desert. All things must end? (or some such philosophical nonsense one could read into this) ;) :D
Madayar
Forum Regular
Twitter @: Madayar

Post by Madayar »

Far out! Fall off! Fall out! Fifty! It's an epic! Wait...the Iliad had 24 books...well, it could become an epic!

And it seems that she has finally managed to burn that tree down. That should've been her project all along, "the effects of fire magic on large fauna and their ability to survive a single attack", but her grades were too bad for that to save her skin, I guess. In the end she wastes the city for some conspiracy or something, and exhausted leans on the tree where it all began. He'll probably round it up now, won't he? Fifty's a good number. And he has to start on the next epic, the Iliad is paired with the Odyssey after all.
"Writers live in the worlds of books they've not yet written."
raphfrk
Forum Regular

Post by raphfrk »

Viking-Sensei wrote:I seriously doubt this is all a dream,
Yeah, I know, hence the smiley,
but it's a nice catch on the similarity between the beginning and now. I wonder if Poe meant to do that, or that's just how he draws people leaning against trees.
Well, I thought it was what he meant by the mouse over text, that she had slept through the plot :).
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Just coincidence that Ellis was in the original Meji-under-tree image, but isn't in this one?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

Oh dear. We knew from some of the things future-Meji-if-that's-who-she-was said that this was not going to turn out well, but this really looks... sad... Maybe it all gets worse than even we expect... :(
hotduelist
New Poster

Post by hotduelist »

I like the contrast between the two pictures. In one, she's a seemingly carefree young woman with a kitty. While in the other, she looks worn out and beyond her limits.