2007-12-14 "Yes... Going back to grim and dark mode now."

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Vavrek
Errant Scholar

2007-12-14 "Yes... Going back to grim and dark mode now."

Post by Vavrek »

Sara displays her talents as an Amraphel! Huzzah.

It'll be interesting to see her thoughts come out, regarding the training and conditioning she was given.

Next week, on Errant Story: Who's that to the left?

Edit: Darn thing didn't tell me it was going to cut off the title.
DaManRando
Forum Trainee

Re: 2007-12-14 "Yes... Going back to grim and dark mode now."

Post by DaManRando »

So glad I know better than to drink B33r while reading through my webcomics, that was most humorous.

And so we finally see Sara break out of that sulky silence, and yes Jon and Sarine do have quite the talent at witty banter. Good stuff
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

So, both Jon and Sarine were knowingly engaging in verbal sex and Jon was being inane on purpose?

BTW, I don't recommend spewing scalding hot tea. I was taking a sip of a fresh mug of Earl Grey when my eyes hit the punch-lines, with predictable results. I'm glad to see Sara getting more lines though.

Jon and Sarine are acting very "married".
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

And now Sarine spoted something to the right. Is this another false alarm like last time with Sara? Because this time she is going off the path towards 'it'.
BandMan2K
Errant Scholar

Post by BandMan2K »

Bravo Michael! You got me within a hair of hoeking a lung with continuous laughing...followed by hurting ribs, stars in my field of vision & a more raspy voice. That was so great to see Jon & Sarine acting like that.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Hah!
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

For some reason, I found that entire scene rather Pythonesque.

But Sara mentioning that she wasn't programmed is an interesting point. In that case, I wonder what her motivation was for staying with the Ensigerum all this time? She put up with a lot of crap...
KurtDunn
Forum Regular

Post by KurtDunn »

I think that Sara was programmed, just not nearly to the level of 'cult brainwashing.'

The Ensirgium more closely resembles a Military outfit. Sure they'll break someone down and build them back up, but they make sure they don't get 'crazy' in the end products.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

KurtDunn wrote: The Ensirgium more closely resembles a Military outfit. Sure they'll break someone down and build them back up, but they make sure they don't get 'crazy' in the end products.
Well put, and in that light and the knowledge that Sarine is ex-Viradior (in essence, elven special forces), is what Sara has gone through any different fundamentally than what Sarine herself experienced 2000+ years ago?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

KurtDunn wrote:I think that Sara was programmed, just not nearly to the level of 'cult brainwashing.'

The Ensirgium more closely resembles a Military outfit. Sure they'll break someone down and build them back up, but they make sure they don't get 'crazy' in the end products.
While the Ensigerum may resemble a military outfit more then a cult, most soldiers don't end up as emotionless shells. I know, I was in the Canadian Reserves for a year, and witnessed how they "break you down" first hand. Granted, the Canadian Armed Reserve may not strike people as being "hardcore" but they broke us down, alright. Well, tried to, in my case. At any rate, despite the hard training my fellow comrades had some of the greatest senses of humor I've ever seen.

Personally, I think Sara's dourness may be attributed to her childhood insecurities following Jon's abandonment of her.